Ebay

Gordon Gekko

Alright people, didn't know where else to put this but I recently bought an item of clothing off a buyer with 100% feedback on ebay as it was the only place that had the item in my size after the sales and what not but when it arrived the sh*t isn't legit...

Is there a way to get my money back from the seller?

Schoolboy error not checking the item properly I know but I'd very rarely used ebay for clothing

Guest M12 Part 2

most ebay sellers will just give you a refund if you ask. Just send him a message saying its fake and you want your money back. rarely need to go into all this detail about getting proof from shops and other sh*t. if the item has its tags on the guy will probably just take it bag and resell it.

• Upvote 1

Okay the seller finally emailed me back and told me they'd fully refund me if I don't report them to ebay so is there any thing I can do that would allow me to send the item back but give me proof its been sent/delievered in case they try doddle me out of it? Would recorded delivery be enough proof?

Edit

Didn't see your two posts then.

Thats luckily whats happened, is there any way I can keep proof that I've resent it in case they do try and take it without the refund?

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

some sellers also try put disclaimers really small in the end or covered by a mountain of text, sh*t like sayin theyre just selling an xbox cardboard box and not the console etc etc so look out for that aswell in the future for anyone using ebay i guess

Guest M12 Part 2

i dont think its necessary. if you get your money and he gets his item back. theres no need snitching anyway. it just sours things and gives him more reason to try and skank you. You both got what you want. Theres no need to take it further

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You man are goin about this all wrong

select item not as described. message the guy sayin if he doesn't send You the refund, he will get the bad feedback from hell and a dispute

if he doesn't refund You within 2 days:

keep the item, and open dispute as soon as the option is there, choosing the "item is not described" option

Your money will be returned to You automatically by ebay, don't know how many days it takes though

make the guy pay You for return postage and refund before You send his item

You man are goin about this all wrong

select item not as described. message the guy sayin if he doesn't send You the refund, he will get the bad feedback from hell and a dispute

if he doesn't refund You within 2 days:

keep the item, and open dispute as soon as the option is there, choosing the "item is not described" option

Your money will be returned to You automatically by ebay, don't know how many days it takes though

make the guy pay You for return postage and refund before You send his item

days??

If the buyer opens a dispute and the seller does not agree, it can take weeks, even months for the case to be investigated/reviewed

My opinion is that you get a full refund including postage charges, whether you send first or he refunds first shouldn't be too much of a problem but if you sort is amicably then don't be a c*nt and leave negative feedback or report - everybody gotta eat.

Yeah I've been trying to sort it out, been getting emails through the night with them refusing to give me the refund for both sets of postage too because they don't believe I will send the correct item like I was the one selling dodgy goods.

f*ck messing around with ebay for months though if thats actually how long a dispute takes!

When I did a dispute for my ex it only took a matter of days for a refund after I faxed them over the letter. The guy can't counter dispute cos once ebay have a letter confirming the fake there is no case for him. I didn't even get a real letter, just made one myself using the company logo as a letterhead.

If u send it back for a refund & he doesn't refund you then what will u do?

• Upvote 1

Dunno how some of you have to wait weeks/months for ur disputes to be reviewed and resolved

Mines take a week if that

not sure if they'll ask for a confirmation letter that wouldve done what lens said by saying item description is incorrect cus paypal will take the money u paid out of the sellers account until its been resolved