RastaMouse

Mr. Gayle

Adapted from a series of children's books written by Genevieve Webster and Michael De Souza, Rastamouse made its debut on January 31.

As well as the eponymous main character, other mice in the series include Scratchy and Zoomer.

The trio work together to solve crimes while speaking in Caribbean-inflected English.

The first episode, Da Crucial Plan, in which Rastamouse and his trusty gang of mice detectives hunt down a cheese thief, has been met with approval from Twitter users.

DJ Rob da Bank labelled the first episode 'sterling work', while Tamzin Outhwaite likened it to a reggae version of classic children's TV show Fingerbobs. The former Eastenders star also added that she was 'very excited' about the animation.

Other tributes included 'Rastamouse is AMAZING!', and an unsurprisingly high number of fans admitted that they were attempting to perfect their Rastamouse impression.

One user was so impressed that they wrote: 'Who needs Boardwalk Empire, now I have Rastamouse in my life...'

The animation has also been praised for its potential to raise awareness of ethnic diversity in young children, but some have admitted that they fear viewers may miss the point and it could reinforce stereotypes.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/854415-premiere-of-cbeebies-animated-show-rastamouse-gets-twitter-approval#ixzz1CoArge5W

I have a feeling RastaMouse is a Jafakan. Sounds like he's poorly disguising a small island accent

It is Reggie Yates still (from Ghana according to Wiki?) so yes probably Jafaican

I watched but wasn't really watching so constant references to 'food' and 'cheese' were funny

2nd ep called bakin' and breakin'

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING

told one militant brudda about this ting man said he watched it and aint happy he was telling me its a subliminal message to kids that black people are a joke and nothing and the show is f*ck*ng up their mind set. Saying you would not get christian mouse or muslim mouse. man then told me he is writing up an essay on it and want me tol read it when its done. Should be a good read

• Downvote 1