Midweek Footy

Guest M12 Part 2

MON must be sat at home laughing. Exactly what he said would happen has happened and what takes the piss is if they woulda given him the Bent money he woulda been pushing for europe instead of looking like outsiders for relegation

Not to sound like anelka, but Everton was unlucky. Their goal was never a goal, but they deserved a goal.
Nah they wernt unluckyThey gota lucky goal but didnt create much, kept possession well.. granted but didnt create sh*t but Felliani >>>_____I said at half time we would win, Moyes shuda reacted to our subs but he waited n got punishedWe created the better chances, Cesc is so wasteful infront of goalTj was sh*t lol @ his antics at the end.. the crowd pissed me off about Diaby.. the boy is quality the blind old twats
So I didnt sound like anelka, GREAT :D
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

MON must be sat at home laughing. Exactly what he said would happen has happened and what takes the piss is if they woulda given him the Bent money he woulda been pushing for europe instead of looking like outsiders for relegation
We're as close to 7th as we are the relegation zone (and if you look at our next 10 fixtures you'd be an idiot not to back us for Europe) and MON had £200m (£120m net spend) to spend. It has been said by many local journo's round here that in the Summer of 2009 big money was there to sign a striker after we'd almost finished fourth the season before, but Martin decided the money was better spent on reconstructing an entirely new defence because the one he'd spent £28m on (Shorey, Cuellar, Davies, Young) wasn't good enough, so spent another £18m on Collins, Dunne and Warnock.The issue was never the money spent, the issue was our wage bill dwarfs clubs of a similar size. We were paying £10m per year more than Spurs ffs. Spurs who qualified for the Champions League and pay London wages.He was told shift out the sh*t that he doesn't play and you could spend again, he couldn't do it, Ged could.As for Bent, well Martin refused to pay more than £7m for him when he left Spurs.Incidentally Shorey and Davies recouped just £4m of the £13.75 outlayed on them. They also cost us £9.5m in wages when neither player really contributed. That is just not sustainable, especially when the manager wanted to keep them despite never using them and them publicly saying they felt frozen out.

JJ we have crossed this before. While I hear your agrument, I dont agree with it.You telling me Martin O'Neill couldn't get rid of Steve Sidwell for 250k? :lol:Couldnt have got rid of Davies? A player you told me O'Neill had decide he had no intention of playing him again.

No I'm telling you he didn't want to. He used 15 players all season but wanted to keep the rest anyway, he was a hoarder. Celtic fans complain of exactly the same things. Average, ageing players on big contracts stuck in the reserves which financially crippled them.He had no scouting network, there was none (confirmed by the club and cheif scout). He was a loner in managerial circles, no friends outside of B6, difficult to deal with. He just didn't have the contacts/connections to shift them, other managers wouldn't go near him.

• Upvote 1

I've told you before this is where someone at the club spots this, if true, and calls in agents and gets them shifted. Moving Sidwell on for peanuts IMO is not hard.But looking at your transfer history O'Neill sold - Ridgewell, Cahill, Moore, Davis, Routledge, Maloney, Gardner, Knight & Barry. Oh and before you say it, some of those where his signings that he sold.

5 of 'em were highly rated youth prospects we all questioned selling, easy to shift (of whom only Ridgewell didn't ask to be allowed to leave). Maloney had to hand in a transfer request and went back to just about the only club Martin had connections at and they had first option on him and he didn't want to sell Barry.Also, only moving on those when the squad is too big and overpaid backs up my point tbh.Routledge and Knight are the only players he signed (that weren't good enough) that he was capable of moving on. in 5 years at a club actively seeking to shift deadwood.Sidwell went for 250k yes, which is nothing, but the reason it was so low was because he needed his 50k a week wages paying. And the club did try and help him move these guys on(i.e acceping a bid for Nicky Shorey on the day Martin left) which is when he threw his toys out of the pram and quit.

tbh it shouldn't of been down to o'niell to offer contracts, you have to blame your chairman for that.look at spurs, i dont even wanna think what parker, upson, neville & beckham would be on if harry dealt fully with transfers.

So are you telling me Martin O'Neil quit cos the club accepted a bid for Nicky Shorey?'llow it JJ.
No, because he didn't want to sell. He wanted to keep everyone and add to it with the Milner money. He was told it wasn't possible to play Champions League wages without Champions League money and blam./Yeah it's not O'Neill's fault, the board were naive giving him so much power, he was in control of everything, and once they realised ir wasn't working he wasn't up for relinquishing any power. Understandable from his point of view but our loyalties lie with Villa and Randy's done more for the club than anyone else in my lifetime.

So are you telling me Martin O'Neil quit cos the club accepted a bid for Nicky Shorey?'llow it JJ.
No, because he didn't want to sell. He wanted to keep everyone and add to it with the Milner money. He was told it wasn't possible to play Champions League wages without Champions League money and blam./Yeah it's not O'Neill's fault, the board were naive giving him so much power, he was in control of everything, and once they realised ir wasn't working he wasn't up for relinquishing any power. Understandable from his point of view but our loyalties lie with Villa and Randy's done more for the club than anyone else in my lifetime.
You know you answered the question as no right?Do you know how much the bid was? Did he not want to sell him or did he not want to sell for the price on offer?Nobody is arguing that but the point your overlooking is timing, plus when did Lerner start harping on about reducing the wage bill?Basically I think its easy arguments from Villa fans against O'Neill because he left them in the lurch.

Is Sandro any good?I thought he showed glimpses when we slaughtered u 4-1, but was poor against Bolton as was the whole team to be fairMy Spurs mates seem to think he will come good althoe my gooner pal who stewards at Spurs tells me hes shiteHe cost £14m right? lol