Back: stretches + improving posture

Dubby

So yeah, my back is giving me grief. Was bless before the new year but I think my bed at home had a dip or something in it 'cause my back's felt crap since the holidays, which is messing with my gym progress, and even walking feels like a pain every now and again when I'm carrying a fair amount of weightCan anyone help with some guides on how to improve my posture + some good pain relieving back stretches?

Sho Khan can probably help but as somebody who has on occasion been unable to sleep at night due to lower back pain here's my 2 cents:You need to stretch and strengthen your whole posterior chain, i.e. from your hamstrings to your bum to your lower back, not just the back. Search youtube, stronglifts, defrancos for videos of different stretches and exercisesStop sitting down so much, and when you're using the computer, sitting on the bus etc. don't slouch or arch your back so that all the weight goes into your lower back, keep your shoulders back and chest forwardDo some running/walking everyday. Dunno about you but I find if I don't go for a run I can often end up having spent the entire day sitting down, apart from walking between classes. Then I lay in bed at night not able to fall asleep cos of the pressure at the bottom of my back

yuri's given u some good advice.i will say that even little changes can make a big difference to ur back, like getting ur seat in ur motor set at the correct position if u drive a lot, or trying a firmer mattress.cant speak from experience on improving posture cos its never rlly been a problem for me, but because of work i sometimes wud get knots in my back usually from shoveling or sledgehammering all day. i use a combination of a tennis ball and my gf's hands to work the knots out, i have used a golf ball or asked her to elbow/knee my back when its been rlly tight tho the blend of pleasure/relief/pain is interesting.

Get it checked out. Same happened to me, first 3 or 4 months I just thought it was a strain or a pull and carried on - cos that's what my doc told me. Then found out I prolapsed some discs and if they're badly prolapsed it can cause you a lot of trouble and pain. Because I didn't know and I carried on my back just got worse and worse.Do a straight leg test and if you struggle or are in pain then check it out.