Treme

Guest Klitschko

Guest Klitschko

treme.jpg

Brilliant show from the creators of the wire, with much of the same cast.

Has a great authentic feel to it.

I know there's a Sky Atlantic thread (the channel the show will be airing on in the UK) but I thought I'd give a headsup to those who won't have seen the eps already/ seen the thread

Starts on Sky Atlantic, Friday

• Upvote 2

It takes its name from Tremé, a neighborhood in the city of New Orleans. The series begins three months after Hurricane Katrina where the residents of New Orleans, including musicians, chefs, Mardi Gras Indians, and ordinary New Orleanians try to rebuild their lives, their homes and their unique culture in the aftermath of the 2005 hurricane.

The series premiered on HBO with an 80-minute pilot episode, the first of a 10 episode season. HBO has confirmed it renewed the show for a second season.

• 5 months later...

I didn't even clock this had ended. Season was decent. They've renewed for a 3rd season as well.

Was just thinking to myself "why aren't there any black shows on TV any more?" then I remembered Treme, would be nice to have some more tho, now that that other show with the spies got cancelled.

• 1 year later...