When absent fathers reappear in your life

LuLu

I still don't ever call him Dad he gets called by his first name its f*ck*ng weird using the word dad
cosign 100%. think he knows as well, he signs cards with his first name. even saying "my dad" feels weird. /randomly gave my older sis my number, so out of nowhere i'm getting this call about someone i never knew about, but we've built a relationship out of it. he then said my mum didn't know she existed, and i've never found reason to tell herexcuse for no fatherhood was that he started uni shortly after i was born, out the endstold me i can't tell my younger bro and sis that i'm their older brother, as that would ruin his perfect picture of mum, dad ( married ) and their 2 kids. waissman, but the only 1 i have, so i put up and keep contact.halfheartedly, more for the rest of the family who are innocentC/s the no pain, i grew up with no explanation, anything, but never once had a question or anything, the idea of a father never occured
  • Upvote 1

i dont even knowthey have no right to abandon you then wander back into your life when it suits thembut we all make mistakes and sometimes life is too short - if someone really cares about you maybe they deserve another chance...edit:also what lens said about doing it for the rest of the family.

Me and my dad are complete strangers in a sense of a father son relationship. I say Hi to him if hes at my nans but thats as far as it goes. He was pretty much missing for the last 20 years of my life hes moved back to the ends now so I see him here and there.From my side to his there is no love there for me, my dad is literally just any guy. This may sound f*cked on some devil vibe but when my step dad passed away who was like a father to me I just thought to myself I probably wouldn't even shred a tear at my real fathers funeral.I remember when he came to my house maybe like 7-12 years ago out of the blue. On some i'm here to see you vibe, and then when I left the room he was asking my mom to lend him some bus fare. Then after he left she realised a tenner had gone from her purse. Was too ashamed to even bring it up to him.He actually means nothing to me

Me and my dad are complete strangers in a sense of a father son relationship. I say Hi to him if hes at my nans but thats as far as it goes. He was pretty much missing for the last 20 years of my life hes moved back to the ends now so I see him here and there.From my side to his there is no love there for me, my dad is literally just any guy. This may sound f*cked on some devil vibe but when my step dad passed away who was like a father to me I just thought to myself I probably wouldn't even shred a tear at my real fathers funeral.I remember when he came to my house maybe like 7-12 years ago out of the blue. On some i'm here to see you vibe, and then when I left the room he was asking my mom to lend him some bus fare. Then after he left she realised a tenner had gone from her purse. Was too ashamed to even bring it up to him.He actually means nothing to me
wow. i can't even comprehend this situation.how close were you with your stepdad? did you cry at his funeral?

Wrighty can claim the clique still.Thts f*ckin pain cuz
why you gotta make a clique out of everything brew?whats next?
why you always gotta moan and complain i thought father figures were suppose to unpussyfy their sons but for real this thread paints a different storyenjoy being taught how to shave mate, your legs, by your MUM FAM
  • Upvote 1

wow. i can't even comprehend this situation.how close were you with your stepdad? did you cry at his funeral?
Me and my step dad where really close as he was there from as early as I can remember. We didn't speak towards the end, but I really thought I would have time to mend it but he passed away so that wasn't the case unfortunately. I did shed a tear at his funeral I think it was mainly due to the regret of us not talking towards then end more than anything.

On the flip side, i've not spoken to my old man for nearly 2 years. Probably never will again.Only reason i reckon he was involved is because he felt like he had to be, not because he wanted to.I cant imagine doing things half heartedly when it comes to raising my daughter, nah.

My father's trying to be a part of my life but I'm not interested. He made no effort to get in touch with me during the most important/crucial years of my life (my teens) but waited till I was 21 to surface and when he did, he wouldn't even acknowledge his wrong doings and instead tried to guilt trip me into talking to him. It's weird, he got all his cousins, siblings, nephews and nieces to add me/message me on facebook to convince me to talk to him.I found out recently that I've got 2 brother's and as much as I would love to get to know them, he's a twisted guy and he would use them to get to me.
my girls been through this situation. Shes an only child and says it was boring growing up as one but she has bare half bros and sisters but refuses to have any meaningful relationship with them cos of their connection to her dad. I dont understand it personally, i think she (and you) should do your best to build a relationship cos end of the day nothing beats family. Theres no-one in this world who has your back like people with the same blood as you.
loolBro did you read her post?

Them ones, f*ck*ng hell!

On the flip side, i've not spoken to my old man for nearly 2 years. Probably never will again.Only reason i reckon he was involved is because he felt like he had to be, not because he wanted to.I cant imagine doing things half heartedly when it comes to raising my daughter, nah.
Similar situation, he was around but never did anything for me, had a fight with him when I was 17 still, didn't speak to him for about 2 years under the same roof, felt like ending the man on bare occasions.But f*ck it, I kept it moving for my 2 younger sisters sakes, because of the way I treat him now he does things for my sisters that he never did for me because he is scared of losing them, for that I am glad I don't show him love cos they have had a much better upbringing than I had.I grew up fine, my mum gave me enough, it would have been great to have a dad who put himself out but it just weren't to be, I think in many ways it's worse than your dad not being there because you know for a fact your old man is a c*nt.