Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Afgoon

Xavi interview

30 posts in this topic

Does Xavi mention Lampard at all? I didn't think so.

Like I said before I was talking about Lampard not Scholes if I was deserved a life ban from VIP2.

anyways Daily Mail are trying it at the bottom I remember that article when they tried to par Xavi it was back on 2008.

Calling Xavi an emerging talent SMH the guy is older than the others and I started playing ball since 1998

Since I started watching football I have never seen a player who plays the game at his own pace/dictates the play and has the brain of Xavi's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_Qh4hb3fc

:Y:

Is Paul Scholes the English Xavi?

[Xavi interrupts, almost bursting with enthusiasm] Paul Scholes! A role model. For me – and I really mean this – he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years. I've spoken to Xabi Alonso about him. He's spectacular, he has it all: the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision. If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly. Players love him.

Just peeped that compliation...his vision is sick.

His pass to Alves on 2:12 was f*cked.

What's up with the Vengaboyz soundtrack though?

He's mentioned him before still but that's another matter.

I unashamedly love this man.

[Xavi interrupts, almost bursting with enthusiasm] Paul Scholes! A role model. For me – and I really mean this – he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years. I've spoken to Xabi Alonso about him. He's spectacular, he has it all: the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision. If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly. Players love him.

Zidanes fave too

Zidanes fave too

Zidane has praised Gerrard in much the same way he praised Scholes.

Pinch of salt comes to mind. Remember Pele had Diouf in his 100 greatest ballers

It's true.

Players always say this kind of stuff.

Let that not detract from how good Scholes actually is however, the man is a class player.

You're talking about style over success but not only can they go together, they have to go together, don't they? Arsenal play great football, Arsène Wenger is a hugely respected coach, but they've not won anything for years. Could that happen at Barcelona?

Almost impossible.

LMAO

Automatic "LA" when I read this.

Didn't even see that as a send. TBH.

TBH, he rates Arsenal & United more than he does 'Pool & Chelsea. That goes for most foreign players.

UNLUCKY

He literally took the PISS out of your team. About its not a send :lol:

Foreign players who have ambition will pick Liverpool over Arsenal anyday. You even know this. Thats only if your forever lasting tunnel vision'd manager had the decency to bid for those who have ambition...

I think I was being over protective of my team there..

Meh. :sub:

Something Xavi said about the english prefering Warriors to Footballers.

Real talk what is it exactly do English clubs want and expect from an unknown player?

I came across this its an interview from an agent called Barry Silkman.

(I think he got Zidane's transfer fee to Juve from Bordeaux wrong though)

Any players you have missed out on?

I have missed out on players. I suppose the biggest player I missed out on was Zinedine Zidane. I offered him to Newcastle at the beginning of the 1996 season for £1.2million. And they watched him and said that he wasn’t good enough to play in the First Division which is the Championship now. Three months later he went to Juventus for £1.2million and two years later he went for £48million. So I think the people at Newcastle got it slightly wrong.

Recently, the biggest one I have missed out on, I saw a player in Portugal a few years ago called Nani. I tried to do a deal with Middlesbrough who I was very close to at the time; I did a lot of deals when Steve McClaren was manager. I offered Nani to Middlesbrough and Gareth Southgate didn’t fancy him. He was £3.5million. He went to Manchester United for $27million and it was only eight or nine months later, that’s all it was. Manchester United’s chief executive David Gill actually phoned Middlesbrough chief executive Keith Lamb to ask him if that story was true! And Keith Lamb said yeah it is. So over the years I have missed out on loads, absolutely hatfuls of players.

Who’s the agent’s dream to represent?

There’s two players that I would have loved to have represented. When he was 20 years old, David Beckham, right through to the end of his career and when he was 18, right through to the end of his career, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Any stories for us on them?

Cristiano Ronaldo; I was approached by a guy called Tony Henry who is now working at Everton football club and he was someone that I played with at Manchester City and Tony Henry was working with the agent for Cristiano Ronaldo and I went to watch him play in the Toulon tournament which is an under-20 tournament abroad and he tore England to pieces. After the game, the chief scout from Everton approached Tony Henry and asked if there was any chance to take the player on trial! I won’t tell you what Tony’s response was!

He wanted to take him on trial! He then come back the Everton fella and said I don’t think he is going to be good enough to make it in the Premier League so I can only recommend that he goes on trial. And at the time I was so impressed with him I tried to get him into Chelsea. At the time I had a good relationship in Chelsea and I actually tried to convince Chelsea to take him and about three months later the deal was done with Manchester United, and the rest his history.

Zidanes fave too

Zidane has praised Gerrard in much the same way he praised Scholes.

Pinch of salt comes to mind. Remember Pele had Diouf in his 100 greatest ballers

When Pele dishes out praise you should never listen to him, he'd praise most people on this forum for being world beaters

As for the taking the piss out of Arsenal, he does go on to praise us before he moves on to Fabregas.

Xavi on the whole is a phenomenal player.

When Pele dishes out praise you should never listen to him, he'd praise most people on this forum for being world beaters

As for the taking the piss out of Arsenal, he does go on to praise us before he moves on to Fabregas.

Xavi on the whole is a phenomenal player.

:lol:

You watch Liverpool and Carragher wins the ball and boots it into the stands and the fans applaud. There's a roar! They'd never applaud that here.

Lol

/

Great interview

Does Xavi mention Lampard at all? I didn't think so.

Like I said before I was talking about Lampard not Scholes if I was deserved a life ban from VIP2.

anyways Daily Mail are trying it at the bottom I remember that article when they tried to par Xavi it was back on 2008.

Calling Xavi an emerging talent SMH the guy is older than the others and I started playing ball since 1998

Since I started watching football I have never seen a player who plays the game at his own pace/dictates the play and has the brain of Xavi's.

Riquelme? C/s the sentiment anyway.

Xavi is such a sick guy.

That United team was great – my English team. If I'd gone anywhere, it would have been there.

had a few chances to sign him