Lex Luger

Mr. Gayle

Guest Supreme Allah

skip to 1.21

everyoine sounded similar

Timbo with his futuristic beats

Kanye with soul samples

Just Blaze, i dont even know how to describe his but like the massive drums on sh*t like pump it up n flipside

Scott Storch with the synths i think it was (lean back)

but i like LEx's sound

so trap-ish

Its jokes when ppl say he is just the same, they forgetting how similar Neptunes beats were in Early 00's.

Just has a signature sound thats all

yeh i agree but i still hear bmf now and think it's mc hammer and vice versa, some of them are so similar and 9 piece

the level of similarity is totally different tho.

theres a diff between all ur beats sounding the same and having a SOUND.

Exactly, I like Lex Luger's beats but I know within 5 seconds of the tune playing he made it.

Sounds to me like he's just clearing his catalog of all his beats he's made over the past year or two, I'm anxious to hear these other styles he was talking about in that interview.

• Upvote 1

Guest Supreme Allah

i dont see the difference tbh

back in the day i could tell a Neptunes beat and Timbo beat same way i can tell a Lex beat now

all them Missy Elliot futuristic tunes n sh*t

Kanye's samples, Just Blaze's drums

You honestly don't see the difference?

As much as Neptunes had a signature style there arrangement of their tunes and composition of their melodies varied, Chad and Pharell are skilled musicians who can properly play instruments so it's easier for them to make something sounding fresh whilst still sounding like the Neptunes.

Timbo had a sound but he was skilled enough to have variety within it. 'Can we' by SWV doesn't sound like 'is that your bitch' which doesn't sound like 'Pony'.

it's bait Lex Luger loads up the same Fruity file with the sounds pre loaded. Same Bass, same drums, same strings, same everything and on top of that he isn't skilled enough musically to utilise these same sounds to make something that sounds different.

• Upvote 4