HTML Code

M.Dot

<body style="background-color:transparent">

<table style="position: absolute; top: 10px; left: 0px; width: 320px; height: 461px;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">

<tr align="center" valign="top" border="0" cellpadding="0">

<td style="padding-top:12px;" background="datewidget.png" height="60" valign="top">

<span id="clock">

<script language="JavaScript">updateClock(); setInterval('updateClock()', 1000 )</script></span><span id="ampm">

<script language="JavaScript">amPm(); setInterval('amPm()', 1000 )</script>

</span><br>

<span id="calendar">

<script language="JavaScript">calendarDate(); setInterval('calendarDate()', 1000 )</script>

</span>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" valign="top">

<span id="calendar">

<script language="JavaScript">calendarDate(); setInterval('calendarDate()', 1000 )</script>

</span>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</body>

/

I'm trying to set something transparent using the first line, tried a few things but it's not working, just comes up with a black background.

<body bgcolor="red"> turned what I was trying to change red, so I know it's that first line but I don't know what else to try I don't know much about html.

<body style="background-image:url('myimageurl.gif');">

(change the image url)

you're never gonna have anything underneath the body, the body is the main content block

This is for an iphone by the way.

The main background wallpaper is what's underneath the body, which should just be a layer on top, using winterboard.

I see what you're doing with that bit of code there but I'm using the 'DeepEnd' cydia tweak which is why I was trying to make what's on top of it transparent, cos I think if I use that code there it would just be a static image again.

Is there no way other than what you two are suggesting cos it's starting to look like it's impossible?

It's a theme on winterboard, which from what I've read adds layers of themes and styles on top of each other.

I opened up one of the themes and that html file was inside and it's whats used to add that layer to the phone as far as I can tell.

This is the original. I was editing the part in red.

<html>

<head><title>newclock</title></head>

<style>

SPAN#calendar

{

font-family: Helvetica;

text-align: center;

color: #ffffff;

text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px;

}

</style>

<script type="text/javascript">

function init ( )

{

timeDisplay = document.createTextNode ( "" );

document.getElementById("clock").appendChild ( timeDisplay );

}

function init3 ( )

{

timeDisplay = document.createTextNode ( "" );

document.getElementById("calendar").appendChild ( timeDisplay );

}

function calendarDate ( )

{

var this_weekday_name_array = new Array("Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday")

var this_month_name_array = new Array("January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December") //predefine month names

var this_date_timestamp = new Date()

var this_weekday = this_date_timestamp.getDay()

var this_date = this_date_timestamp.getDate()

var this_month = this_date_timestamp.getMonth()

document.getElementById("calendar").firstChild.nodeValue = this_weekday_name_array[this_weekday] + ", " + this_month_name_array[this_month] + " " + this_date //concat long date string

}

</script>

</head>

<body bgcolor="black" background="Wallpaper.png">

<table style="position: absolute; top: 10px; left: 0px; width: 320px; height: 461px;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">

<tr align="center" valign="top" border="0" cellpadding="0">

<td style="padding-top:12px;" background="datewidget.png" height="60" valign="top">

<span id="clock">

<script language="JavaScript">updateClock(); setInterval('updateClock()', 1000 )</script></span><span id="ampm">

<script language="JavaScript">amPm(); setInterval('amPm()', 1000 )</script>

</span><br>

<span id="calendar">

</span>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" valign="top">

<span id="calendar">

</span>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>