Week 28 - FA Cup & Champions League

Guest FA23

Cesc Fabregas is out of the Carling Cup Final.The Arsenal captain hobbled off in the early stages of the win over Stoke on Wednesday night with a hamstring problem and, immediately, fears were raised about his involvement in Sunday’s showpiece.Speaking exclusively to TV Online on Thursday evening, Arsène Wenger confirmed the bad news. But, thankfully, his absence is not expected to be long.“It is a very small injury but certainly Cesc will be out for Sunday,” said the Frenchman. “For how long [beyond that] I don’t know but definitely for Sunday. “He is disappointed. We all feel sorry and sad for him. The only way we help him now is to win the Carling Cup as he contributed a lot in this competition.”While the manager was clear on the captain’s involvement this weekend, He would not be drawn on the chances of Fabregas being fit for Barcelona on March 8.“It is very difficult to give a deadline,” said Wenger. “It is impossible.”Theo Walcott will also miss the Carling Cup Final after being stretchered off in the same game. Again, the problem may be relatively short term.“I saw him this morning,” said Wenger. “He has a classic ankle sprain. We don’t think there is any more damage to it. But it is still a sprain. We are sad for him too. He is out for Sunday and maybe one or two more weeks more.”
You better not lose, d*ckheads

CESC FABREGAS will today beg Arsene Wenger to change his mind - and give him a chance to play in Sunday's Carling Cup final.The Arsenal skipper refuses to give up despite being ruled out by his boss last night.Determined Fabregas is meeting Wenger this morning before having a second scan on the hamstring strain that could rule him out of the clash with Birmingham.An Arsenal insider revealed: "Cesc wants to play so badly. He had a scan which showed only a strain, not a tear. He is having another one on Friday and will have more treatment."He is the captain and wants to lead his team out so badly. He respects the manager's views but is desperate to be involved."Fabregas limped out of Wednesday's 1-0 win over Stoke but has set his heart on helping end Arsenal's six-year wait for a major trophy - and is ready to sit on the bench if needed.But Robin van Persie, Laurent Koscielny and Abou Diaby are all expected to be fit after missing the Stoke game.

Modric 1 on 1 with keeper, chips it over him, keeper takes him out.No penalty, no red card.Worst decision in football in the last 3 years.
worse than the Nani goal against tottenham being allowed?that for me is the worst i've ever personally seen.
  • Upvote 1