Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skenghis Khan

rar files help

13 posts in this topic

so ive downloaded a multipart rar file, when i extract it, i get a folder with .r00 files, going from .r00-.r26. when i try and open them unrarx tells me it cant find .r27.

ive downloaded all the parts, im using a mac, guys with pc's seem to have no problems with the download.

help?

erm, make sure all the files are in the same folder

all i can think of

install windows and extract it lol

Have you got an svf file?

nah

its 7.06gb file. there's 75 parts, jdownloader says everything downloaded fine, i open the rar, and it extracts these .r00 files which wont unrar.

is it worth downloading the thing again? or is it just a thing with macs and multipart rar files?

highlight all and click extract here, or extract TO (said folder) or extract from part 1 (while they are all highlighted)

Ive extracted one of those .r00 files before and was baffed but the above worked. Im on PC though.

highlight all and click extract here, or extract TO (said folder) or extract from part 1 (while they are all highlighted)

Ive extracted one of those .r00 files before and was baffed but the above worked. Im on PC though.

yh ive done that, but the extract fails cos it says it cant find .r27, but ive only got 26 .r00 files.

gonna try downloading again just to make sure something didnt go wrong.

Is the first file just a standard .rar file?

the one i extracted was for example

revoilladaf.rar

then

revoilladaf.r00

etc

print scrn

if you had a sfv file, you could run a check to see what part did not download correctly.

Could have easily happened specially with a 7 gig download. Even if your download client tells you it's bless.

I would suggest checking the size of each file and making sure they're all the same size apart from the last ones which will usually just be what ever is left after the division of the files.

Hope that makes sense

RENAME R00 TO R27

lol you can actually trick these things like that sometimes

also try select "keep broken files" depending on what it is eg a movie might work fine with the last part (credits) missing...

ok got it working now, it was just that files kept corrupting, had to keep redownloading it.

cheers evr1.