3 Skepta

4 Pro Green

5 Wiley

6 Giggs

7 Devlin

8 P Money

9 D Double E

10 Chipmunk and Lowkey (added)

http://wearesme.co.uk/2011/02/21/news-mtv-announce-controversial-list-of-top-10-best-of-the-best-british-mcs-of-2010/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11rY8Tb9SKY&feature=feedu

before even debating we've got to establish what the actual criteria is

if its based on records sold, commercial success in the mainstream and all that malarky then a combination of both of those list is about accurate

basically what you'd do is list all the 'urban acts' that did something this year and then sort them from 1-10 depending on who you thought had the better year etc - which is fair enough

but if this list is at all a reflection on MC'ing as an actual skill/talent then both list are bullshit

LMFAO @ that panel anyways, full of muppets who's opinion i dont hold in any sort esteem.

:/ @ Ghetts making a tune about it, tad cringe tbh. plus he's been whining about being the 'best' for years, just let it go mate and concentrate on making bangers

• Upvote 1

Yea Tinie's trade mark thing in the grime scene "BUSS DAT CAP"

If this list is judged on MCing he had alot of hate trust me. It happens with anyone new that comes in the scene. At the time the grime scene had no respect for anyone. You had to go out and find it and that was something he pursued and became successful at. Its about proving others wrong

• Downvote 4

I don't know who would fit in my top 10

but my top 5 would be;

1.Tinie

2.Devlin

3.Professor Green

4.Skepta

5.Wretch 32

This list is based on quality of music,chart listings and lyrics

Also i would put example in my list just for his verse on game over.

If this list wasn't based on chart,sales ect Devlin would be topping.

• Downvote 4

Yea Tinie's trade mark thing in the grime scene "BUSS DAT CAP"

If this list is judged on MCing he had alot of hate trust me. It happens with anyone new that comes in the scene. At the time the grime scene had no respect for anyone. You had to go out and find it and that was something he pursued and became successful at. Its about proving others wrong

you honestly think he's proved people wrong? i swear he's still a sh*t mc though?

until u get these cunts out of those positions they gonna keep holding this ting back imo.

but again who would be YOUR top 10. realistically

you saying the old guys are holding back new talent?

defintely. unless ur name is banging about so much they have no choice then ye. they are blocking alot of ppl

johnny wang tht list is dead not gonna lie.

not to sure i agree with that geez

where is this new talent you speak of? especially in Grime, i dont see or hear anyone

this is why i kinda agree with how Logan was going on when he first started @ Kiss

if your young and on the come up you really shouldnt be chasing mainstream attention/acknowledgement, its not your time

instead you should concentrate on putting out good music and building a bit of buzz around you

that way your better prepared when the mainstream love does come your way

obviously its not easy with pirate radio dead etc but theres still loads of options out there kids, especially this 'internet generation'