Safe Standing - A common sense solution

Guest Klitschko

BTW one day I will reach a Borussia Dortmund match just to be part of that stand...

undoubtedly the best stadium in the world,

Even if Safe standing was brought in a legalised certain top clubs wouldnt bring it in,

1, threat of a certain unwanted element of football fan returning to games,

2, Lower max capacity = lower gate receipts

3 it'll probably be a legal mine-field

and anyway, im pretty sure some fans who claim to be big supporters of this dont really want it either,

as for years they've been complaining about the lack of atmosphere at their grounds being down to this, when in reality everyone knows it isn't the case.

*cough OT cough*

How would standing REDUCE max capacity?

in the real world it wouldnt, but in football the health and safety regs would dictate that the areas put aside for standing would have to have a certain amount of space for ppl to stand an watch the game, and then space for them to rest up aswell,

and also they would have to ensure that there was space to move in case of surges or crushes,

When FC played Rochdale we had a stand to ourselves but we were only given roughly 80% of the stand due to the fact we stand, i'd imagine this is maybe how it'd be worked out