Carl Froch v Glen Johnson

Froch is fighting Glen Johnson and apparently its gonna be in London. As I said before I wanted to see froch degale or froch johnson and my respect for froch has gone up another level for taking yet another hard fight... pascal, taylor, dirrell, kessler, abraham and now johnson.. i think the road warrior beat tavoris cloud and did pretty well against dawson and has always been a tough bastard. he's definitely coming up to his last couple fights so it will be interesting to see if he's got enough in the tank to stand with froch for 12.

• 2 weeks later...

reasons why i am anticipating this fight so much:a) it could be a massacre in froch's favour as glen will not runB) it could be an absolute war i.e. castillo corrales if they are both gonna try hold centre of ringc) it could be a great upset where an old vet overcomes the oddsexciting matchups like this only happen by accident in boxing so im thinking someone knows more than us. perhaps this is the End of the Road (feel free 2 use).

Carl Froch-Glen Johnson Set For June 4th, Atlantic City, New Jersey

By James Slater - It has been made official how the second “Super Six” semi-final, between WBC 168-pound champ Carl Froch and ageless wonder Glen Johnson, will go ahead on June 4th at Atlantic City, New Jersey. Originally looking like going ahead on May 21st, the new date will allow both fighters a little extra time in which to prepare for what could well be an extremely tough night’s work for both guys..The first “Super Six” semi, between WBA champ Andre Ward and former middleweight boss Arthur Abraham will go ahead in Carson, California on May 14th. This fight, unlike, Froch-Johnson, has the look of a relatively easy fight to pick. Most fans feel the unbeaten Ward will have too much skill and class for the smaller Abraham. Abraham, of course, took a confidence-draining loss last time out, when he was all but shut-out by Froch in November of last year.From an action standpoint, the June clash will in all likelihood be the better fight. Once again having to travel to fight, Froch - who has had just one of his last four fights in his home country - will return to the country that saw him come back from a points deficit and sensationally stop Jermain Taylor in the final seconds of the final round. Since then, Froch has scraped a points win over the tricky Andre Dirrell, lost a close decision to Mikkel Kessler and then schooled “King” Arthur. What will happen in the fight with the teak-tough “Road Warrior?”Johnson may be 42 to Froch’s 33, but in his last fight, in what was his “Sussper Six” debut, Johnson smashed Allan Green to 8th-round TKO defeat. Froch knows he has a hard night ahead of him, as does the Jamaican warrior. “The Cobra” said he will see to it that his rival will not be able to get past his long left jab. Johnson no doubt envisages his getting on the inside and turning the fight into a battle of attrition. This one may well come down to which fighter it is who is able to dictate tactics.Froch can box when he wants to, as he did against Abraham; but he can rumble with the best of them also. Johnson knows all the tricks in the book having been around as long as he has, and nobody needs to be reminded of his physical and mental strength.Froch had hoped to get the fight at home, but instead he must now prepare himself for a war at Atlantic City.

// Anyone cath the Gamboa fight last night?

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=UGMZH76R

• 3 weeks later...
Hennessy Sports and Carl Froch Part CompanyBy Alan Wass: News is just in that WBC World Super-Middleweight belt holder, Carl Froch, has parted company with Hennessy Sports. A surprise in many ways (and not in others), Froch was always bragging about having the best promoter in the sport – delusional? For sure!“I'm no longer working with my representative, Mick Hennessy. My next two fights are already mapped out within the Super Six tournament," Froch told the boxing website, livefight.com. “I'm just solely concentrating right now on beating the likes of Glencoffe Johnson and hopefully Andre Ward.”I always thought that Froch seemed to receive a bum deal in regards to Hennessy obtaining his fighter the UK television deal he so desperately seeks. A fighter of Froch’s caliber should already be a household name in England, not just for his ability and achievements, but also because of his charisma and intriguing personality. Froch went on to say, "The Super Six is really going to be drilled home over the next six months, and it will be really special if I can put the shots together and wrap this trophy up in style. It's all I think about right now. I'm going all guns blazing to win it."Word is that Froch will promote himself in the near future, and who knows, maybe he can get that Sky Television deal that he so deserves. One thing is for sure, with the way the Englishman promotes himself in the verbal stakes, he is probably the best man for the job. Regardless of the outcome in his semi-final bout against Glencoffe Johnson in Atlantic City on May 21, ‘The Cobra’ will still be in line for some big money fights, which for his popularity in the United Kingdom, needs to reach a wider audience. Maybe this is the main reason behind Carl Froch’sdecision to go it alone.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...