★★★ Wladamir Klitschko -vs- David Haye ★★★

Guest Klitschko

Guest Klitschko

There is a preliminary agreement in place for the 2nd of July 2011, in Frankfurt, Germany.Several links on the subject here -

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,13273_6789787,00.htmlHere http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6790782,00.htmlHere http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=27115&more=1And here http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/klitschko-haye-agreement-77149I'll update when the fight is hopefully signed.

Wladamir KlitschkoHeight: 6'6Reach: 81''Age: 34HW Belts: IBO, IBF, WBO, Ring MagazineRecord: 53-3-0David HayeHeight: 6'1Reach: 78'' Age: 30HW Belts: WBARecord: 25-1-0Please don't flood the thread with - 'it won't happen' - just keep the updates in here.

Wlad has called off his fight with Derek Chisora.
Source?
IBF and WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko has called off his fight with British boxer Dereck Chisora for a second time because of injury.The bout against unbeaten Chisora, 27, was originally scheduled for December but was postponed when Ukrainian Klitschko tore an abdominal muscle.The meeting was rearranged for 30 April in Germany's SAP Arena in Mannheim."I am very sorry for this final cancellation especially for the fans," said 34-year-old Klitschko.Britain's WBA heavyweight champion David Haye hopes to take on Wladimir Klitschko in July before meeting his brother Vitali - the WBC champion - in the Londoner's final fight before retiring ahead of turning 31 in October.Wladimir's doctor, Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt, said: "At present the exact timeframe for recovery is difficult to predict. A fight in April would be too great a risk."Klitschko added: "I am sure that we will soon carry out a [rescheduled] event in Mannheim."But Klitschko did not state whether that would be against Chisora or Haye.The news comes days after it emerged Haye was back in talks over a 2 July unification showdown.Haye had previously doubted Klitschko's ability to fight Chisora on 30 April and then meet him barely two months later.Unless Klitschko reschedules the Chisora fight for a third time - which seems unlikely - that issue appears to have been overcome, giving him plenty of time to get in shape for a huge showdown with long-time rival Haye providing the stomach injury heals.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9415727.stm

David Haye: Its on.... officially!!! June 25 or July 2- Haye (ME) The WBA Champ Vs Klitschko The IBF & WBO Champ battle it out for World No.1 Spot

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye will fight IBF and WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko in Germany on either 25 June or 2 July.On Saturday, Klitschko withdrew from his bout against Britain's Dereck Chisora that was set for 30 April.And Haye told the BBC that an agreement had been struck on Saturday night: "I finally had a contract in front of me and couldn't wait to put pen to paper."It's the fight every boxing fan has to see, and every sports fan."A protracted recovery from a stomach muscle injury was given as the reason for Klitschko cancelling the Chisora fight.Klitschko's manager, Bernd Boente told German newspaper Welt am Sonntag that the fight against Haye could take place at one of three football stadiums - Dortmund, Gelsenkirchen or Kaiserslautern.The announcement brings to a conclusion the long-running saga to get the bout staged.A back injury forced Haye, the WBA champion, to withdraw from a fight with Klitschko in 2009. And talks stalled last December with the two camps wrangling over the details of the contest.Haye continued: "The fight will be either June 25 or July 2, either date is fine by me."He is ranked by many as the best heavyweight in the world - in front of myself, even though I'm the WBA champion."On the negotiation process, Haye said: "He wanted all these little things - he's a bit precious, is Wladimir, so I gave him all these little things to make him feel like he'd got a mental edge."The terms were right, it's a fair deal - it's a 50-50 split, that's what they wanted and that's what I wanted."I'll just make sure the referee can count to 10, then I'm the new unified heavyweight champion of the world."Here it is - end of June, beginning of July - let's get ready to rumble."Haye claimed that he has already begun preparation for the fight."I've been training, I've been out in Miami and done two months of hardcore conditioning, ready for the hardcore boxing training," he said."I'm firing on all cylinders, I can't wait to get Wladimir in that ring - it's the fight I've wanted for so long.

"I always believed we'd one day fight and I'm glad we've cut through the nonsense and put together the most important fight in the heavyweight division," he said."This is the match the boxing world has been calling for since I first decided to step into the heavyweight division, and I feel it is my destiny to fight and beat Wladimir Klitschko."We are the best two heavyweights in the world and it would have been a travesty for us to have never fought."This is an inevitable fight with an inevitable conclusion. Wladimir Klitschko is getting violently knocked out.""I have been chasing this fight since day one, because I know boxing styles and I know which styles I have success against."Klitschko is ready-made for me. I eat tall, chinny Eastern European heavyweights for breakfast. Wladimir is a fighter that doesn't like to fight, and he has admitted that fact in the past. Unfortunately for him, I am a fighter that loves nothing more than fighting."I have the heart of lion, whereas Wladimir has the heart of a hyena. He cries and squeals and slips into the wilderness at the first sign of danger. Wladimir has proven this over the years, and I'm certain he will want no part of this lion when it finally comes time to go to war."

Guest Klitschko

Haye has a worse Chin than Wladamir.People are saying they think Haye will land a right at some point...but Wladamir will definately be landing quite a few. And Haye's chin is about as good as paper.

TBH THEY BOTH HAVE SHITTY CHINSHOWEVER HAYE'S ONLY STOPPAGE WAS MORE TO DO WITH STAMINA ISSUES AGAINST THE SEASONED VETERAN CARL ' THE CAT' THOMPSON, AND HIS OTHER KNOCKDOWNS HE HAS GOT BACK UP TO STOP HIS OPPONENTS, WLAD'S ONLY DONE THIS WITH FAT PETERAND HE AT LEAST WENT DOWN FIGHTING, WLAD ON THE OTHER HAND WAS ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LIKE A BITCH EACH TIMEHAYE HAS MORE OF A FIGHTING HEART

Guest Klitschko

More of a fighters heart based on what? Wlad was floored multiple times by Peter, yet got up, and went on to win the fight, I haven't seen Haye face a dangerous Heavyweight and show fighting spirit. Not sure what you're on about.Haye's only loss came in the cruiserweight division, I'm not disputing he could dominate that and obviously did, but as far as heavyweights goes, he has faced no-one of note at all to suggest he could beat Wlad.Wlad was 'rolling around' because he was floored be punches that likely would have done worse to Haye (considering what Mormeck/Mock (a lightheavyweight) did to him).Nevertheless Wlad has improved considerably as a fighter since. Emmanual Steward has made him almost unstoppable.Wlad will outclass Haye.

if the fights in Germany the atmosphere would be awful...German crowds aint up to it....... I know it wont happen in the UK so the best neutral place is obviously Vegas......Klitscho has the edge in my book BUT it is the least predictable HW title fight in my opinion..... also Haye seems to have done a good psychological job on Vitalli bacause he is the most chilled heavyweight I have seen since Lennox and he actually seems to really dislike Haye.... how will this effect the fight? who knows

More of a fighters heart based on what? Wlad was floored multiple times by Peter, yet got up, and went on to win the fight, I haven't seen Haye face a dangerous Heavyweight and show fighting spirit. Not sure what you're on about.Haye's only loss came in the cruiserweight division, I'm not disputing he could dominate that and obviously did, but as far as heavyweights goes, he has faced no-one of note at all to suggest he could beat Wlad.Wlad was 'rolling around' because he was floored be punches that likely would have done worse to Haye (considering what Mormeck/Mock (a lightheavyweight) did to him).Nevertheless Wlad has improved considerably as a fighter since. Emmanual Steward has made him almost unstoppable.
more of a fighters heart based on the fact that other than his 1st loss, every time he has gone down he has come back knocked out his opponent, wlad's only done this once as i previously stateddiscounting lamon brewster, every loss wlad has suffered he has ran to big brother to short it out...WHAT A WARRIORmock hit haye on the temple, that will knock the equilibrium out of anybody, nothing to do with chinif you think haye has no chance of beating wlad you are the archetypal delusional klitschko fan that is blind to reason and plagues the internet with your bias . it's about 70 - 30 in wlad's favour, im not disputing the fact he is favorite, im merely stating that haye is in with a decent chance to upset the odds, given his speed and power.don't get me wrong, if it was vitali haye was facing he would have little to no chance, because although wlad maybe the slightly better boxer atm, vitali is the natural born fighter of the two with an iron chin and seemingly unbreakable willit's a known fact that wlad doesn't like to get into a real fight and looks like a rabbit in the headlights when this happensWlad is too methodical - so much so that on many times you'll hear manny screaming at him to go out and finish the job - and if haye manages to break his rhythm by getting in at awkard angles with swift and accurate counter punches, then we could have a new lineal champ