Lent is coming up

Grafter

This is the silliest thing ever

So wait I don't believe in Jesus, but story goes he spent 40 days in the desert, waving off satan's temptations, so I'm going to give up chocolate for the same amount of time. WHAT A JOKE.

If I was actually fully on this Christianity thing I would slap bitches for this sh*t

• Downvote 6

So wait I don't believe in Jesus, but story goes he spent 40 days in the desert, waving off satan's temptations, so I'm going to give up chocolate for the same amount of time. WHAT A JOKE.

If I was actually fully on this Christianity thing I would slap bitches for this sh*t

its actually a catholic thing tbh, even though many christians follow the tradition

ive been told theres nothing in the bible that actually requires this and the whole abstaning thing is just gas.

Guest Supreme Allah

im gonna give up giving up

so instead of cuttin down on stuff, liek say eat less meat, ill eat more

if that even makes sense, its been a long week

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

its actually a catholic thing tbh, even though many christians follow the tradition

are you sure?

jsut cos i know fasting is a big thing in the orthodox church

they fast for a few things during the year, and also fast and don't eat milk or meat at easter

Its not a catholic thing

members of the Ethiopian orthodox church fast 250 days out of the year

For lent they fast from 12am to 3pm, no intimacy, no dairy, no meat for 40 days

Also for the 40 days and nights he was in the desert Jesus fasted

Lots of Christians fast

• Upvote 1

well im looki ng on google now, but all im seeing is why arent catholics, christian when A catholic is someone who trusts in Christ for his salvation, and gives all praise to God for His grace. same as a christian,

im not ignorant, im just uneducated on this subject, and im asking for a simple answer as to why not

btw im not christian so never studied it

Guest Esquilax

Who f*ck*ng cares though?

If you need a semi religious holiday to stop yourself gorging on fags and chocolate then Boy

/

f*ck what Smaddy said, 250 days you know

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2