Champions League Thread R16 L2

Lenny

Tuesday, 8 March 2011Uefa Champions LeagueBarcelona v Arsenal, (agg 1-2), 16, L2, 19:45 SKYSPORTS2Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma, (agg 3-2), 16, L2, 19:45 SKYSPORTS4Wednesday, 9 March 2011Uefa Champions LeagueSchalke 04 v Valencia, (agg 1-1), 16, L2, 19:45 SKYSPORTS2Tottenham v AC Milan, (agg 1-0), 16, L2, 19:45 ITVBarclays Premier LeagueEverton v Birmingham, 20:00Thursday, 10 March 2011Uefa Europa LeagueBayer Leverkusen v Villarreal, 16R, L1, 18:00 ITV4Braga v Liverpool, 16R, L1, 18:00 PMSLCSKA Moscow v FC Porto, 16R, L1, 18:00PSV Eindhoven v Rangers, 16R, L1, 18:00 ESPNAjax v Spartak Moscow, 16R, L1, 20:05 ESPNBenfica v Paris SG, 16R, L1, 20:05Dynamo Kiev v Man City, 16R, L1, 20:05 ITV4FC Twente v Zenit St Petersburg, 16R, L1, 20:05

• Downvote 6

Guardiola was asked about the quality of Wilshere and the Barcelona coach said: "Wilshere is a top player. He is an excellent player, not just Arsenal, but also for the national team. [but] he is lucky because we have many players in the second team like him but he plays because there is no pressure at his club to win titles."

Guardiola was asked about the quality of Wilshere and the Barcelona coach said: "Wilshere is a top player. He is an excellent player, not just Arsenal, but also for the national team. [but] he is lucky because we have many players in the second team like him but he plays because there is no pressure at his club to win titles."
lol I've never seen Guardiola firing shots before, Wilshere is a class act though.Tonight is going to be interesting from a tactical point of view, it's delicately poised so I'm curious how Wenger is going to approach this game.

Surprised no-one is giving Arsenal a chance tbhNo Puyol and Pique for Barca is a big blowAnd even when they did play last Arsenal still scored and were unlucky not to go 2nil up, when B52 missed a good chancePlus Cesc is playing.I reckon it'll be alot tighter then the pundits are making out.

I swear they lost pique or puyol in the 2nd leg last time too....and ppl were saying they gonna be weak @ the back due to this...and look what happened. tsk tsk tsk
Yeah my bad, think Milito and Marquez played actually

Barcelona will win.But I do not understand the idiocy in Barca's central defence decisions recently. They've let loads of centre backs go. After the first two they have their starting left back and centre midfielder to go there.I dunno why they didn't sign a centre back to replace Chygrinsky instead of Adriano.

wenger-point-415x275.jpgIS HE DAMB ?/CAMON ARSENAL

Hmmm

Barcelona will win.But I do not understand the idiocy in Barca's central defence decisions recently. They've let loads of centre backs go. After the first two they have their starting left back and centre midfielder to go there.I dunno why they didn't sign a centre back to replace Chygrinsky instead of Adriano.
Hmm have to agree, they have never been that strong defensivly anyway. And like said similar happened last season and we all know what happened.I just hope we dont get raped

Guest Portuguese
lol I've never seen Guardiola firing shots before, Wilshere is a class act though.Tonight is going to be interesting from a tactical point of view, it's delicately poised so I'm curious how Wenger is going to approach this game.
Those comments were surely aimed to put additional pressure on a young player. Just coz Pep doesn't often do it, doesn't mean he can't... maybe he is learning this season, coz this stuff is textbook MourinhoTrue say the likes of ThiagoRafaSergi Robertoare all as talented as Wilshere
  • Downvote 3