Joining the army, navy or raf.

Mind Reader

There's no point joining the british army as a soilder. best to join as an officer

the pay of soilders is such a joke.

but the officers in the military is an elitist organisation, lol@ joining from a 'common' background

and worse if youre ethnic. worse if you're ethnic and fighting for this country period.

fitness first have special deals going on right now if fitness is your main concern

whats wrong with ethnic minorities fighting for the UK?

cos they never get proper recognition, always given crumbs off the table, and even have to campaign to get those crumbs at times

ghurkas, africans, asians.

On another note I was once invited to an interview at MI5

True story

go on...

he applied on their website, probably got through first stage and was invited for an interview.

similar to the process that wouldve occured if he applied to mcdonalds, tesco, or vodafone

hardly of jack bauer proportions

oh ok

i thought he meant he got headhunted/recruited at campus or something

yh anybody with a brain and attending a decent uni can pass the online tests

Guest M12 Part 2

The perks are decent one of my friends from school is a soldier. He's only on like 16-17k but they are teaching him a trade and he did all his driving lessons through them as well for free. There are bare symbols for all kinds of Hench trucks on the back of his license thatine doesn't have. Also they hardly pay any rent and food and alcohol prices are low. It's a decent thing to get into of your on all that. I'm sure there are other perks I don't know about/when you get promoted too.

There's no point joining the british army as a soilder. best to join as an officer

the pay of soilders is such a joke.

but the officers in the military is an elitist organisation, lol@ joining from a 'common' background

and worse if youre ethnic. worse if you're ethnic and fighting for this country period.

fitness first have special deals going on right now if fitness is your main concern

whats wrong with ethnic minorities fighting for the UK?

cos they never get proper recognition, always given crumbs off the table, and even have to campaign to get those crumbs at times

ghurkas, africans, asians.

On another note I was once invited to an interview at MI5

True story

go on...

he applied on their website, probably got through first stage and was invited for an interview.

similar to the process that wouldve occured if he applied to mcdonalds, tesco, or vodafone

hardly of jack bauer proportions

oh ok

i thought he meant he got headhunted/recruited at campus or something

yh anybody with a brain and attending a decent uni can pass the online tests

MATE DONT LET THEM MAN TELL MY STORY FOR ME. I DIDNT APPLY TO ANYTHING.

tell ur story bro

i'm intrigued

Even if you're in the army it doesn't mean you will be on the frontline being forced to kill people. The wage is ok if you're young and you have a very low costs of living, plus you get trained for whatever direction you may wanna take. A friend of mine left the army after 4-5 years with a mortgage almost paid off and is now earning very good money as an engineer.

Guest THEREALTULSE

The Army is the last resort for some people, a lot of the times you see people being recruited to the Army as an ego thing, a chance to be a hero etc.

It's a great way to spend you're early 20's and 30's for sure, but there wont be many rewards come the end of your days.

Everyone knows the possibilies of dieng but they don't understand the dangers of traumatic injuries, could you imagine trying to sleep at night with your wife and kid but all you can hear is gun shots and extreme war far with the sound of heavy guzzling tanks for the rest of your life, toppled with insane headaches and a quick detiroation of your body.

There really isn't any financial rewards for being in the Army, even if you're talked round into believing there are but in truth you'll be forgotton as the next crop of young lads are coming through whilst you're put to the side like a broken toy with a medal and self fulfilment to show for 20 years of hard work whilst you struggle on £200 a week.

PS.

Malven is a c*nt about MI5, even if you get interviewed you have to sign a contract for it saying that you'll not disclose any information about this interview.

• Upvote 3

I take it you are from a middle class family?

LOL @ joing the army

LOL @ believing in the nation of England

Why do you think there aint no toffs from Eaton and Oxbridge in the training with you? Because your fighting to serve their interests any pawn

Furthermore what is fighting for 'England'? England is an idea former by all the old conservatives to keep the poor people happy and feeel

like you are doing something for your life and give you a little bit of money to help them keep there billions

If I told you to go steal some oil (Bush) for me or to help me win an election (Thatcher) or to maintain positive economic relationships with big trading partners (Blair)

I could carry on and piss on your dream but do your thing and be another name on a gravestone

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My uncle was a marine, he retired and now works as private security guy on boats travelling past somalia, he's pretty rich now, a mate joined the army and whilehe was there they paid for him to get some kind of crane license so there's plenty of perks

Guest WAVESURFER

Overseas, yeah we're trying to stop terrorism. But we've still got terrorists here living. In the USA, the big CIA, the Bloods and the Crips and the KKK.

• Downvote 2