Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest THEREALTULSE

The Runners Society

128 posts in this topic

Hey,Just thought of a different thread concerning Sport.Anyone here interested or currently taking up running? If so, what are your goals and current acheivement. (no one can come in and take the piss or banage)Currently I am training for 15k (9miles), have just got in from a 5.5m run and feel great, not really out of breathe and could have pushed 7m easily.Its weird because running can becoke an addiction, i was struggling to get 1m in January now im near 10k on 450ft + elevations in my runs now.Sent from iPhoneEDITHeres my history of runs from when I started on January this year;January4th - 0.95m6th - 1.08m8th - 0.92m10th - 1.27m12th - 1.38m15th - 2.21m23rd - 2.18m25th - 2.46m27th - 2.15m31st - 2.30mFebruary3rd - 2.60m7th - 3.19m10th - 3.20m26th - 3.32mMarch2nd -- 3.00m11th - 5.56mIf you want stats like this then I recommend downloading RUNKEEPER for your iPhone.

glad to see you've made vast improvements from the FM network days :D

i feel to start running when my ankles healed, need to get fitness up before next pre-season, been poor this year

I've been doing something like thisI'm on 3 km so far but i stop myself before i start going too far and start sicklingThats what happenned last time

Yeah I run probably 3-4 times a week, about 3 miles or so each time I guessI never though of myself as being that fit but I went for a jog (only 30 minutes) with a guy who does 10km races the other day and he told me he reckons I couild easily do a 10k tomorrow if I wanted, I was pretty pleased with myself

i need to start going on runs. May buy some running creps and get on this ting

need a good watch for this with distance and avg time on itsuggestions ?

Running bores me and it's really f*cking hard. I used to hate running before boxing. That said I need to start doing some cardio...

If you've got iPhone there are bare apps that do it.

What running creps does everyone own? dont actually have any that would be suitable for running...

need to get some running shoes, my flatmate got some from sports soccer the other day, they feel so good on.my b'day soon, might ask the rents.

You can use your iPhone, that's what I do and just put it in my zip up jacket.Use the app called "RUNKEEPER".Runkeeper.comIt's sick, uses GPS to track your runs, pace, elevation, calories etc.You don't need a watch unless you're up to a certian level where time is important, untill then use that app.

theres some device you can put in a nike shoe or something and it syncs with your iPhone or iPod init

What running creps does everyone own? dont actually have any that would be suitable for running...
just get some decent nikes, don't have to spend much, I think my last two pairs have cost about £35 each from sports direct and they're fineI run about 4 miles, 5 times a week. It's long in winter but the rest of the time it's great. Gives me time to think

deffo gone get on it when my ligaments heal. Gonna miss the rest of this season so will be sick to come back super fit for pre-season

Just run a PB off 7.35mCome in and wasnt out of breath just heavy thighs, bit of shaping up in the gym and im going to enter next years london marathon.

Does anybody here run (I mean more than like 10 minutes on the treadmill)Last couple months I've started getting more and more into itJust got back from a 45 minute run, feel immense. Pushing yourself through the wall >>>>>Feel so healthy as well

stfu1 run and u think ur martin luther f*ck*ng king, ya big nosed prick

try to do 4-5 miles, 5 times a week. I love it, it's liberating, especially now the weather is nicer, thinking of running further but I don't want to end up with a kenyan long distance runner physique

try to do 4-5 miles, 5 times a week. I love it, it's liberating, especially now the weather is nicer, thinking of running further but I don't want to end up with a kenyan long distance runner physique
Just protein up after a run, 4 scoups of Hurricane XS.

I can never run more then 1.5 milesI have to run in a park coz im ashamed to run round streetsWer do u guys run?Do u changr up the course alot? Wat kind of pace u go at

I can never run more then 1.5 milesI have to run in a park coz im ashamed to run round streetsWer do u guys run?Do u changr up the course alot? Wat kind of pace u go at
Run at night if youre worried about people taking the piss.you should aim to be running at 8-9 mpheveryrun you should add a little more to your route, also try sprinting the last 500 yards as this will giveu strength for your next run.gl desert rat.