The Runners Society

Guest THEREALTULSE

Guest THEREALTULSE

Hey,Just thought of a different thread concerning Sport.Anyone here interested or currently taking up running? If so, what are your goals and current acheivement. (no one can come in and take the piss or banage)Currently I am training for 15k (9miles), have just got in from a 5.5m run and feel great, not really out of breathe and could have pushed 7m easily.Its weird because running can becoke an addiction, i was struggling to get 1m in January now im near 10k on 450ft + elevations in my runs now.Sent from iPhoneEDITHeres my history of runs from when I started on January this year;January4th - 0.95m6th - 1.08m8th - 0.92m10th - 1.27m12th - 1.38m15th - 2.21m23rd - 2.18m25th - 2.46m27th - 2.15m31st - 2.30mFebruary3rd - 2.60m7th - 3.19m10th - 3.20m26th - 3.32mMarch2nd -- 3.00m11th - 5.56mIf you want stats like this then I recommend downloading RUNKEEPER for your iPhone.

Yeah I run probably 3-4 times a week, about 3 miles or so each time I guessI never though of myself as being that fit but I went for a jog (only 30 minutes) with a guy who does 10km races the other day and he told me he reckons I couild easily do a 10k tomorrow if I wanted, I was pretty pleased with myself

need a good watch for this with distance and avg time on itsuggestions ?

Guest THEREALTULSE
need a good watch for this with distance and avg time on itsuggestions ?
You can use your iPhone, that's what I do and just put it in my zip up jacket.Use the app called "RUNKEEPER".Runkeeper.comIt's sick, uses GPS to track your runs, pace, elevation, calories etc.You don't need a watch unless you're up to a certian level where time is important, untill then use that app.

What running creps does everyone own? dont actually have any that would be suitable for running...
just get some decent nikes, don't have to spend much, I think my last two pairs have cost about £35 each from sports direct and they're fineI run about 4 miles, 5 times a week. It's long in winter but the rest of the time it's great. Gives me time to think

Guest THEREALTULSE

Just run a PB off 7.35mCome in and wasnt out of breath just heavy thighs, bit of shaping up in the gym and im going to enter next years london marathon.

• 1 month later...
I can never run more then 1.5 milesI have to run in a park coz im ashamed to run round streetsWer do u guys run?Do u changr up the course alot? Wat kind of pace u go at
Run at night if youre worried about people taking the piss.you should aim to be running at 8-9 mpheveryrun you should add a little more to your route, also try sprinting the last 500 yards as this will giveu strength for your next run.gl desert rat.
  • Upvote 1

Did 8 miles today. f*ck! Took an hour. Not tryna sound like a d*ck, but I had no idea I was this fit - I've never done more than 4 miles before.I am in PAIN right now though. It's a big mental/confidence booster though.

I can never run more then 1.5 milesI have to run in a park coz im ashamed to run round streetsWer do u guys run?Do u changr up the course alot? Wat kind of pace u go at
I don't like to run on the street either. Too busy and I feel like people are staring.You can get the tube to a big park like Regent's park and run there, I do that sometimes. Yeah you have to switc the course/make variations or it just gets boringYou'll feel like sh*t at first but after a few weeks it gets addictive.