Champions League Quarter Final Draw

Guest FA23

The lineup is complete for Friday's UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw in Nyon, Switzerland, after Chelsea FC and Real Madrid CF claimed the last two berths on offer.

The pair joined holders FC Internazionale Milano and Manchester United FC, who won through on Tuesday evening, in the draw, which will take place at UEFA HQ from 12.00CET. It will be conducted by UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino and the ambassador for the final, former England striker Gary Lineker.

Two of Lineker's former clubs, FC Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur FC, progressed last week along with FC Schalke 04 and FC Shakhtar Donetsk. The Ukrainian champions are competing in the last eight for the first time, while Tottenham have appeared in only one previous European Champion Clubs' Cup quarter-final, in 1961/62.

The draw will be open, meaning teams from the same association can be drawn against each other with the ties to be played on 5/6 and 12/13 April. The semi-final pairings will also be determined with those games taking place on 26/27 April and 3/4 May. The 2010/11 UEFA Champions League final will be held on Saturday 28 May at Wembley Stadium in London, kicking off at 20.45CET.

The Premier League is represented by three teams in the last eight, so join us to find out who Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur will face.

Barcelona, after knocking out Arsenal, appear to be the team most people want to avoid, while fierce rivals Real Madrid have finally made it through to the last eight after several seasons of being knocked out in the last 16.

Holders Inter Milan are also still in the hat after a stunning comeback against Bayern Munich, while Schalke and Shakhtar Donetsk are the two outsiders lurking in the draw.

On skysports.com, you can join Rob Parrish from 11am for a live chat to follow the draw as it happens and to discuss the fall-out from the various pairings.

You can also follow proceedings on Sky Sports News from 10.30am as presenter Ed Chamberlin will be joined in the studio by some guest pundits.

Sky Sports will also bring you the best reaction to the draw as the clubs reflect on who they must face next on the road to Wembley.

UCL

Inter

Barcelona

Real

Man Utd

Chelsea

Schalke

Shakthar

Tottenham

UEL

Kiev

Benfica

Spartak

Twente

Porto

PSV

Villarreal

Braga

2yy4lxe.jpg

Champions League quarter-final and semi-final draw

Venue: Nyon, Switzerland Date: Friday, 18 March Scheduled start: 1100 GMT

Coverage: Live on BBC Radio 5 live, live on BBC Sport website, live on Sky Sports News and Eurosport

_51725403_champs_league466x282.jpg

Ferguson, Ancelotti and Redknapp are hoping for Champions League success

Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham will find out their Champions League quarter-final opponents when the draw is made on Friday.

Two English teams could face each other as there are no restrictions over who can be paired in the last eight.

Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Schalke and Shakhtar Donetsk are the other teams left in the competition.

The draw will also be made for the semi-finals, giving clubs their route to the final at Wembley on 28 May.

Barcelona eliminated Arsenal in the last round and the three-time winners of Europe's top competition are favourites to lift this year's trophy.

However, Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney does not appear to fear a potential match-up against the Spanish champions.

"We will be confident we can win whoever we get in the next round," said Rooney, who was on the losing side when the Old Trafford club were beaten by Barcelona in the 2009 final.

"If you are going to win this tournament you have to play anyone - and beat them."

We are in the last eight and we have done well to get where we are.

We want to stay in this competition and go as far as we can.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp

Chelsea have endured plenty of heartbreak in their attempts to win the trophy as they have been beaten in four semi-finals since 2003/2004 and lost out in the 2008 final to United on penalties.

They were defeated by Barcelona in the last four in 2009 , were knocked out by Inter Milan in the last 16 last season and the Blues have the unenviable record of having lost to the eventual winners in the last three seasons.

Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti, who has won Europe's premier competition four times with AC Milan - twice as a player and twice as a manager, has been reluctant to discuss possible opponents.

On the prospects of an all-English tie, he said: "No, no, that doesn't matter. We are calm. We are quiet. The draw will decide which team we have to play."

On Barcelona, he added: "Now I don't want to say anything about this. Barcelona are the most dangerous team but if we have to play against them, we will play."

Tottenham, who reached the European Cup semi-finals in 1962 when they lost to Benfica, are one of this season's surprise contenders along with German outfit Schalke and Ukrainian champions Shakhtar Donetsk.

"It will be difficult for anyone to beat Barcelona," said Spurs manager Harry Redknapp. "They are an amazing team, but who knows?

I wouldn't like to play against Inter [Milan] or Chelsea due to the emotional factor

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho

"We are in the last eight and we have done well to get where we are. We want to stay in this competition and go as far as we can."

Nine-time European champions Real Madrid last won Europe's top competition in 2002 and have made it through to the last eight for the first time since 2004.

Real boss Jose Mourinho led Inter Milan to Champions League glory last season and, having also guided Porto to victory in the competition in 2004, he is attempting to become the first coach to win the tournament with three different clubs.

The Portuguese is hoping to avoid a match-up against former clubs Inter Milan and Chelsea.

"I wouldn't like to play against Inter or Chelsea due to the emotional factor," he said.

"If I have to go up against my old people then I will do, but it will force me to prepare more psychologically than against another side that aren't in my heart. I had to do it last season against Chelsea.

"Now we will wait for the draw. There are a lot of great teams in the next phase so it will be difficult."

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo could also face a former club in Manchester United, but his preference appears to be to face German club Schalke, who sacked coach Felix Magath on Wednesday after making it to the last eight.

Ronaldo said: "Schalke could be a good team, let's hope so as then [former Real striker] Raul would return to his home.

"I don't want to play Barca right now because they are the strongest side. But it won't matter if we get them because anything can happen in a knockout tie."

The quarter-final ties will be played on 5/6 and 12/13 April, with the semi-finals taking place on 26/27 April and 3/4 May.

My prediction is:

Barcelona/Shaktar Vs Chelsea/Schalke

VS

Real Madrid/Tottenham Vs Inter/Man Utd

• Downvote 1

Kmt chelseas gonna get shaktar watch, hope we get spurs. We will wrap.

Spurs are one of the team to avoid tbh,

theres no pressure on them to do anything in the competition and with our defence right now, id simply rather just take a much easier tie.

we draw Barca or Spurs in the next round i reckon we'll be out,

if we get to the semi's and get over this mini defensive crises i'd be much more confident in facing the likes of those,

1,Schalke

2,Shaktar still a tough tie, but in comparison to the rest a good draw.

Barca Vs Chelsea would be nice,

Spurs vs Inter would also be nice,

with the winners playing each other in the semi's where bookings will be picked up leaving whoever from the other side of the bracket with a easier final as suspensions come into play.

ive actually had this dream,