Simon Cowell says Rebecca Black’s song ‘Friday’ is “genius!”

DJ Stashman

Simon Cowell has joined the mass debate about the relative merits of internet singing sensation Rebecca Black and her track ‘Friday’ by saying that in his opinion, it’s “genius.”

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Simon said of Black’s song, “I love it! I’ve never seen anything cause so much controversy.”

In case you’re not familiar with the story so far, Rebecca uploaded her song to YouTube, and it went viral within days, with people either lashing out at her for it, or loving her for it…

Getting back to Simon’s opinion, he went on to say, “I think it’s genius. The fact that everyone’s getting upset about it is hysterical.”

He also likened ‘Friday’ to the ’90s hit track ‘Saturday Night’ by Whigfield.

He said, “It’s what we call a ‘hair-dryer song,’ a song girls sing into their hair dryers as they’re getting ready to go out.

“But the fact that it’s making people so angry is brilliant.”

What do you think of Rebecca’s song? Hit or miss?

Rebecca-Black-Friday.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

• Downvote 4

Guest THEREALTULSE

dont know about her song because i watched the video in mute.

but s he would get it hard, u can tell shes gunna end up with a nice white city banker.

• Downvote 1

Guest Esquilax

dont know about her song because i watched the video in mute.

but s he would get it hard, u can tell shes gunna end up with a nice white city banker.

You know she's 13 innit?

400px-Chris-hansen.gif

• Upvote 6

"Cyber bullying" gosh I freaking hate this term and all this crap about it, whatever happen to the days of confronting someone and just telling them or f*ck*ng punching them in the face! Damn get a back bone for crying out loud, it's only mother f*ckers who will talk sh*t behind a computer, not like you'd ever see them.