flathunting

Woodpecker

Guest haze-e

Lemons have you thought about part buying?

Your spending so much on rent atm with part buying you would have less worries seeing as half of it would go towards a mortgage??

I may try this aswell. I just need to find a good (dodgy) mortgage broker so i can get a house easier.

Guest Yilmaz

wow at them prices can be paying off a mortgage if your into the whole home owning con

LOL get me

Only people on the house hype atm are people living 10 years in the past.

Buying a house now is dumb.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Lemons

Lemons have you thought about part buying?

Your spending so much on rent atm with part buying you would have less worries seeing as half of it would go towards a mortgage??

I may try this aswell. I just need to find a good (dodgy) mortgage broker so i can get a house easier.

I thought about it a year or so ago but it's generally with big new build developments that the 'deal' is being offered which I'm not really into at the moment. TBH I think I'll be moving outside of London in 4/5 years so will probably buy then. My girls friends who all live up in Kettering/MK etc have bought 3 bed houses (proper detached, nice houses) for £120Kish - which I could easily get a mortgage on and get a deposit for. The fact you can buy a house for that there and you'd struggle to get a one bed flat for that in London is ridiculous.

Guest Lemons

The only thing about moving to those places is that the value of the house won't go up as much (if at all) like a London property would, a lot of the people I mentioned are now in negative equity, but f*ck it, I'd be buying a house for my family to live in, not as an investment deal.

Guest Yilmaz

yeah lems has got the right idea

Of course he has, he's one of the real movers on this site. He doesn't spend time talking about what he will do to get rich, he just does it.

Nuff respect for Lemons.

Guest TimeBomb

Flat's in London take an average of 4 days (or something around that) to be taken once advertised. Piss take.

My one bed flat in Stoke Newington costs £1260 per month.

I'm aware I'm a victim.

what thats just rent?...not including bills etc ??

Just rent brother. Not including council tax or bills or nuffink!

I would buy a house if I could, but I haven't got 25/30 grand sitting around for a deposit.

damn...thats kinda steep...in stokey too..hope ur room is laaaaarge...lol

thats ridiculously high, u could get a 2 bed apartment in canary wharf for that or a whole 3 bed house with garden in walthamstow.

Of course he has, he's one of the real movers on this site. He doesn't spend time talking about what he will do to get rich, he just does it.

Nuff respect for Lemons.

oh shut up. He doesnt need to defend himself by claiming he's a boxer,lawyer, magician, financier..and the 11 or so other things you are either.

/

lems ur paying similar to my sis in the same area. she's looking to get a rent to homebuy property in south now though. which is cheaper than just renting, with the option of buying later on

Guest Lemons

stoke newington isnt the most desirable of areas (although i am aware there are some nice victorian street properties there)

True true. But I've got reasons to be in stokey (family etc) and Church Street is pretty good for pubs and restaurants.

Guest Yilmaz

Nuff respect for Lemons.

oh shut up. He doesnt need to defend himself by claiming he's a boxer,lawyer, magician, financier..and the 11 or so other things you are either.

UMadBro_StickFigureJigg.gif

loads of white middle class in stokey these days tbh

Guest M12 Part 2

Lemons I don't even know how you can bump yourself like that. Why not just get an average 1 bed for 900pcm. And save the rest. You could furnish an average looking 1 bed to a nice standard with the amount your paying. And save the rest. It's up to you ultimately but would you not rather have the extra money in your pocket?

/

I wanted to get on the ladder asap but it seems the way things are going theres not much point in the next 5 or so years. IMO the government/banks are doing everything they can to try and keep these false property prices inflated. If interest rates rose to proper levels and the house prices were allowed to correct themselves, everything would crash again. That's why I'm sceptical about this interest free deposit stuff in the budget. It's just another tool to try and coax people into thinking everything is ok when it's clearly not.

Why is now a bad time to buy property?

This is a good time IMO.

We are recovering from an economic downturn which dragged house prices down. This is the bottom/near the bottom of the curve. They can't go much lower.

With an increasing population, the Olympics and a desire for inner-city dwellings on the rise - property in London is a good bet. If you can secure somewhere which has good transport links you are guaranteed income from rent in the short term and from (more speculatively) a price rise in the long term. I see this as a great investment and have acted on it.

I have recently (in the last few weeks) bought a 2-bed in Aldgate near Brick Lane in a relatively new development in a joint investment with my brother and mum.

The bulk was funded with cash but I had to get a medium sized mortgage to meet the full asking price.

Guest Yilmaz

Why is now a bad time to buy property?

This is a good time IMO.

We are recovering from an economic downturn which dragged house prices down. This is the bottom/near the bottom of the curve. They can't go much lower.

With an increasing population, the Olympics and a desire for inner-city dwellings on the rise - property in London is a good bet. If you can secure somewhere which has good transport links you are guaranteed income from rent in the short term and from (more speculatively) a price rise in the long term. I see this as a great investment and have acted on it.

I have recently (in the last few weeks) bought a 2-bed in Aldgate near Brick Lane in a relatively new development in a joint investment with my brother and mum.

The bulk was funded with cash but I had to get a medium sized mortgage to meet the full asking price.

ic

• Downvote 1

Flat's in London take an average of 4 days (or something around that) to be taken once advertised. Piss take.

My one bed flat in Stoke Newington costs £1260 per month.

I'm aware I'm a victim.

what thats just rent?...not including bills etc ??

Just rent brother. Not including council tax or bills or nuffink!

I would buy a house if I could, but I haven't got 25/30 grand sitting around for a deposit.

SMH

i hear that bro, more like with a non caucasian i see you.

not looking forward to doing house or flat share and not being able to bring back the party after clubs

Thats the least of your problems mate, you could be moving in with anyone, and they could be nasty as hell. you could be living in a rat infested hell hole in no time,

best thing to do is find someone you know in the same situation as yourself and get a place with them,

wow at them prices can be paying off a mortgage if your into the whole home owning con

LOL get me

Only people on the house hype atm are people living 10 years in the past.

Buying a house now is dumb.

yeah mad dumb wanting to leave suttin for your kids

yeah mad dumb wanting to leave suttin for your kids

no one said ever

udumb

imo

this is what it seemed like you were getting at tbh mate,

house buying may not be to everyones taste, as its quite a long term commitment,

however paying off someone elses mortgage isn't to great either,

rock and a hard place.