Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThirdOption

Who knows about Adam Curtis?

5 posts in this topic

His blog is quite good, has some very decent docs on social/political/economic/historial type stuff. He argues well and the interviews he manages to get are killer. Watched his documentary Pandora's Box yesterday (have already watched the Century of the Self, The Trap, the Mayfair Set and another that slips my mind..) In my opinion he's one of the best documentary makers of our generations, and I'm actually quite surprised the BBC showed certain docs (The Century of the Self pretty much exposes how New Labour got into power in the first place...as well as looking at how propaganda/public relations have been employed by governments for their own ends. All very relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPzGUsYyKM

and also

I'll leave them for the timebeing. I suggest you all download these docs if you feel them, because Youtube has been going extra with deleting documentaries recenty - took down about 1.1 million in the last month. There's about 500,000 if you search 'documentary' - there was over 1.6 a month ago!

Clocked your thread before, props to you Thun you know your sh*t. I think the man deserves his own thread still. His back-catalogue is deep, and he's making a new doc at the minute I think!

Will be interested to know what his new documentary is about

Edit title to:

Who doesn't know about Adam Curtis.

Guy's a G from wah day