john l sullivan vs david haye

Pub_Landlord

Hi guys, was wandering your opinions on this fantasy match up. the legendary john l sullivan vs the glass chinned david haye. I think it's fair too say that john would win inside the distance, maybe 3 rounds at the most. Sullivan possessed tremendous knockout power in both hands an iron chin as well as the strength of a large bore. Although Haye is relatively explosive for a modern heavyweight I find it impossible to see how he would cope with the strength and speed of this legendary old timer who was hit by the likes of the mighty bob fitzimmons. Sullivan was also an extremely effective counter puncher and would slip david haye's jabs like a mongoose to deliver his deadly left hook. Looking at the physiques of the 2 fighters you can see Sullivan is superior, with a solid large boned physique, as opposed to david haye's more pumped up body builder muscles. [sullivan takes haye's best shots, works the body and delivers a knockout in round 3.

• Downvote 2

John_L._Sullivan_1898.jpg
Hi guys, was wandering your opinions on this fantasy match up. the legendary john l sullivan vs the glass chinned david haye. I think it's fair too say that john would win inside the distance, maybe 3 rounds at the most. Sullivan possessed tremendous knockout power in both hands an iron chin as well as the strength of a large bore. Although Haye is relatively explosive for a modern heavyweight I find it impossible to see how he would cope with the strength and speed of this legendary old timer who was hit by the likes of the mighty bob fitzimmons. Sullivan was also an extremely effective counter puncher and would slip david haye's jabs like a mongoose to deliver his deadly left hook. Looking at the physiques of the 2 fighters you can see Sullivan is superior, with a solid large boned physique, as opposed to david haye's more pumped up body builder muscles. [sullivan takes haye's best shots, works the body and delivers a knockout in round 3.

David-Haye152.jpg
John_L._Sullivan_1898.jpg