Best 3DS bundles

Dan.

• 3 months later...

LMAO what shop is that?

/

Nintendo posts earnings, drops 3DS from $249 to $169 August 12th, current owners get 20 free games

The price of the Nintendo 3DS in the US is dropping precipitously August 12th from $249 to $169, with other regions getting a similar price break in their respective currency. Are you one of the 830,000~ US gamers that have already shelled out? Don't be too disappointed, the thank you gift for gamers that have logged into the eShop at least once before the price cut will be 10 free NES virtual console games September 1st, plus 10 more Game Boy Advance virtual console games -- that Nintendo is not planning on releasing to the general public -- before the end of the year. Left holding the bag for all this desperation generosity, are the company's investors. While pressure from the upcoming Vita is surely playing a part, Nintendo plans to sell 16 million 3DS units in the financial year, but still slashed its financial projections for the year from ¥110 billion to just ¥20 billion. Check out the financial PDFs at the source links below while you decide if 10 potentially-exclusive GBA games are worth paying $80 extra for.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/nintendo-3ds-price-drops-from-249-to-169-august-12th-current/

an article i read was saying nintendo have lost some customers to smartphones

pretty similar calibre of games

if the wii-u doesnt do well

i can see them doing a sega. nintendo have some legendary games but their hardware of late has been...pish

esp now that HD is more popular and other consoles have got a bit cheaper

who the hell would buy wii

lol @ Nintendo ever doing a Sega

They been top for how many years with the handhelds???

a lil dip don't mean sh*t

I see what u mean but I dunno about the handhelds tbh when ur smartphone can do most of it why shell out for a seperate device?

Nintendo Phoneboy?

The xperia play was a flop. Why not design a device from the ground up as a handheld gaming device then work in ... the 3g sh*t needed for a sim card.