'Postive' Discrimination For Black English Managers?

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest Klitschko

Nah he was pointing out that Black managers are hardly students of the game, so it's fair that they dont have the more prestigious managerial jobs

But white managers who are similarly, not students of the game, get big gigs / respect / jobs etc etc, and are generally in abundance

But I'd agree its various reasons, and some outside sources.

But thats cos of their PROFILE. Like it or not, they are easier to SELL to the FANS. Chairmen have to sell appointments to their fans.

John Terry could retire tomorrow and become Chelsea manager at the end of the season and about 60% of their fanbase would accept it.

Now if the idea of Drogba was even suggested, there would be riots in Vivienne Westwood...

Paul Ince shouldn't complain cos if he didnt play under Fergie and been the self-proclaimed Guv'nor he wouldn't get jobs.

Chris Powell is only sell able to Charlton fans, cos he is considered one of them, even if he is succesful there, another club would still struggle to sell his name to their fans who have no connection to this blicky, as Paul Ince found at Blackburn, and he had the profile and was of the back of a succesful stint at MK Dons...

Guest M12 Part 2

But thats cos of their PROFILE. Like it or not, they are easier to SELL to the FANS. Chairmen have to sell appointments to their fans.

John Terry could retire tomorrow and become Chelsea manager at the end of the season and about 60% of their fanbase would accept it.

Now if the idea of Drogba was even suggested, there would be riots in Vivienne Westwood...

And this is the exact kind of discrimination that we are talking about. It's not right that the transition is so easy for someone white but it's not for an ethnic. I think drogs and Terry isnt the best example either

Thats society tho...

Right now in general society, Jack Wilshere has pretty much become a STAR in this country within NINE months... How many black footballers create enough interest in them to make the front and back papers, other than say Ashley Cole when he's being a c*nt again...

Also please note the point I said about 'Arry was because even 'Arry, a white ex-player and now a manager with YEARS of experience had realised that the TOP managerial positions in this country is only really open to foreigners or ex-iconic players, who aint done/proved sh*t, so for a while even he was thinking, yo can a twitching c*nt get a break...

• 2 weeks later...

tbh there are bigger even obviouser discriminations within football

The fact that there isnt any Asian (indian/pakibanglo etc) footballers considering the population is baffling

Football is the biggest, most played sport in almost every country in the world

Ur telling me there isn't any Sanjeevs and Waj's that cant be tapped up?

Guest M12 Part 2

Indians not playing ball is one of the shittest arguments. Growing up I never remember playing on road regularly with Asian youts or in organised Saturday or Sunday ball ever coming across any. Asians aren't in the Prem because hardly any of them take ball remotely seriously, it's not some secret society designed to keep them out.

yh was half joking tbh

Americans joke that Jews cant play american football/basket ball

and i put them in the same catergory tbh

But some of the areas my fam live in like Slough,

my cousin plays for a sunday league team sponsored by a Sikh temple with 90 percent of the teams they play are Injuns

Think more could be done to push young uns into the game

Indians not playing ball is one of the shittest arguments. Growing up I never remember playing on road regularly with Asian youts or in organised Saturday or Sunday ball ever coming across any. Asians aren't in the Prem because hardly any of them take ball remotely seriously, it's not some secret society designed to keep them out.

myth

guess you never played ball in east london

/

remember going training with my asian bedrin....coach said shouldn't you be playing cricket ?

we were 12

Where do you live or did you live?

What you've described sounds so different to what I'm sure others on here have experienced.

I knew plenty of good asian ballers, the difference was that in the years that are key to getting on the right path to become a pro they didn't play at a competitive level.

A lot of their parents just didn't see football as something worth pursuing so they only started playing sunday league when they were adults.

Guest Supreme Allah

Stupid idea IMO trust a white man to think he has a solution to a black problem

YAWN

if theres discrimination, then its discrimination holding 2 extra interviews with negroes wont change that

but if theyre good and the hiring team is of sound mind then theyll get it.

no need for all this sh*t, just educate and pursuade black managers to try harder to get to the front

no overnight fix