Crowd Funding

Guest Supreme Allah

Guest Supreme Allah

this will probably no work on urban genres, rock and indie (is it different?) seem to be doing OK on it

Crowd funding (sometimes called crowd financing or crowd sourced capital) describes the collective cooperation, attention and trust by people who network and pool their money and other resources together, usually via the Internet, to support efforts initiated by other people or organizations. Crowd funding occurs for any variety of purposes, from disaster relief to citizen journalism to artists seeking support from fans, to political campaigns, to funding a startup company or small business[1] or creating free software.

I think its a brilliant idea, theres sites for film, music etc i think i saw one for art.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/2614#project

those are my guys on there made 70% of the total already, I dunno it may work with urban music, but from when people dont even wanna buy the mixtapes I dont think the artists will get much from it, plus you have a set time to reach your goal, if you dont, you dont get sh*t.