PFA Player of the Year

Agony

forget when the votes are made, or all that other stuff,

the big point here is that the votes are made by players, so obviously its either gonna be the nice guy who everyones sort of likes or the guy who has been undoubtedly way ahead of everyone else who wins it,

the ammount of times you'll hear ex-players talking about how they never took the voting seriously sums the whole thing up tbh

Source:sky sports

Gareth-Bale-PFA-player-of-the-year-2011_2587001.jpg

Gareth Bale has been named the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year after a brilliant season for Tottenham.

Bale, 21, becomes the fourth Welshman to win the award, having become a household name throughout world football after a series of brilliant displays for Spurs in the Premier League and the Champions League.

Having moved to White Hart Lane from Southampton, Bale initially struggled to make an impact but he has now established himself on the left-handed side of midfield and an amazing hat-trick in a 4-3 loss at Inter Milan was characteristic of his bucaneering attacking style.

Bale said: "I am more than delighted really. It is a massive award and it is a great honour to receive, especially from fellow professionals. When you look at the names wo have won it before, it just makes you go 'wow' really.

"There haven't been too many Welshman to have won the trophy so it is great and it is great for me personally but it is not just for me, it is for all my team-mates who have helped me through the season and it is kind of for everyone.

"I always believed that, if I did get a run in the team, I would be able to prove what I can do.

"That did happen and I never really looked back from there. Playing in a good team with good players definitely helped me a lot and all the boys have been fantastic, and the manager has been fantastic, giving me my chance."

Arsenal's Samir Nasri was named runner-up and Manchester City's Carloz Tevez took third place.

Bale Bale Bale

Get in there

• Downvote 6

Jack-Wilshere-PFA-young-player-of-the-year-20_2587000.jpg

Arsenal starlet Jack Wilshere has been named PFA Young Player of the Year.

The 19-year-old has produced some outstanding performances in the Gunners first XI in a campaign which has also seen him establish himself as a key player for the England senior team.

Three Lions head coach Fabio Capello has labelled Jack Wilshere the 'future' of England.

After receiving his award, Wilshere said: "It is my first full season and it is a massive award, especially from my fellow players. It is amazing.

"I am very proud to be the fifth recipient from Arsenal, it is good to keep this history going.

"Arsenal is a good club for bringing youngsters through and they keep proving it so I would like to thank the manager as well."

"It is my first full season and it is a massive award, especially from my fellow players. It is amazing."

Jack Wilshere on winning PFA Young Player of the Year Quotes of the week

Having spent time on loan at Bolton last season, Wilshere returned to the Emirates and has since become an essential element of Arsene Wenger's first team, showing skill and nous that belies his age.

The teenager from Stevenage produced one of his finest displays in the two-legged defeat to Barcelona in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League, competing in a midfield against the likes of Xavi and Andres Iniesta.

"I am a bit surprised," he said. "I always knew I could do but still it was a surprise how early it came.

"I am delighted just to be in the team to win an award, so I have to keep it up now and hopefully we can win something this year."

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1