The Summer Transfer Thread

Arteta would be a better buy for Arsenal than Mereiles.Mereiles for the all quality he possesses is not a playmaker and therefore would not be a suitable replacement for Fabgregas, Aretata is a playmaker with a similar skillset to Fabregas albeit less talented. In an ideal world Arsenal would have signed both the players as they both are the type of players they need to strengthen their midfield, however in this case where they could only get one, it was smart to go for Arteta as after losing Naris and Fabregas they need a player with the guile and creativity that Arteta possesses, Mereiles is a quality player as well but a different type of player.

looked shocking under woy but i guess that can happen when u losing every weekhere was def a match he was deployed holding or at least thats what it resembled guy looked clueless
lol ok then, you were talking about players needing security behind them to look good before going on to say Arteta is better for you at this moment.Nothing more need be said.
Arteta will slot into fabs role better than mereiles do you disagree :D , and i prefer him as a baller having billong as the primary protecton in any midfiled is smhanyway bad move for pool, shits gonna be hollywood when stevie me and adam are playing together nuff 60 yard diags
Gerrard cut that hollywood sh*t out last season mate, and to be honest Fabregas was hitting long balls all throughout last season but hardly ever got criticized for it because he is Spanish and loves paellas.Memba the Liverpool game at the Emirates end of last season, i'm pretty sure Fabregas misplaced like 30 passes in that game.

Park Chu Young is a steal at £3million. Wenger probably thought leader and he's going for that cheap?! Waiting for Joel Campbell to come back probably.
thought You Arsenal fans were done with the bargains? did "spend some money" mean find a cheap £3mill striker ? seen
  • Downvote 1

Park Chu Young is a steal at £3million. Wenger probably thought leader and he's going for that cheap?! Waiting for Joel Campbell to come back probably.
thought You Arsenal fans were done with the bargains? did "spend some money" mean find a cheap £3mill striker ? seen
I wasn't one of 'those' fans, I just wanted any signing because I trust Arsene's judgement. he's signed so many world class players over the years. This squad needed experience, he brought in talented players this window with significant Premier League and Champions League experience.

Guest Portuguese

Kucka/Poli-Inter as well as 16 yr old Lorenzo Tassi for 5M been hearing a lot about him for 2 years now, he is one of those rare kids who look destined for superstardom .Pele-MilanRomaric-Espanyol-LoanFofana-LyonSitu-SwanseaJean Carlos Chera-Genoa

LOL @ Wenger panic buying average players over 25 just to prove a point and to shut people upGot arsenal fans HAPPS on another level for the sake of just buying.Them players you got are not cut throat apart from maybe Gervs and Arteta who he will most probably turn into a DM and play Wilshere in his position. But anything is an improvement to the arsenal squad before the buying took place tbh so I kinda understand the jubilation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Guest Portuguese

Top five biggest spending leagues1. Premier League€521.95m2. Serie A€460.73m3. La Liga€344.81m4. Ligue 1€188.50m5. Bundesliga€153.64mMost expensive transfers of the summer1. Sergio Aguero€45m2. Javier Pastore€43m3. Falcao €40m4. Fabio Coentrao€30m5. Cesc Fabregas€29m