Gary Neville gets full time position at Sky

HangTheDJ

Should be a welcome break from the hordes of ex Arsenal, Tottenham & Liverpool players waffling on after the game.

posd

ex liverpool dominate the tv punditry

Guest Klitschko

Paul Merson

Lee Dixon

Ian Wright

Martin Keown

Alan Smith

Mcklintock

+

Phil Thompson

Alan Hansen

Mark Lawrensen

Graeme Souness

John Aldridge

John barnes

McMannaman

McAteer

Redknapp

Collymore

+

Redknapp

Garth Crooks

Hoddle

Sherwood

Linekar

Greaves

Roberts

Ray Wilkins apparently

Thats just off the top of my head

The Arsenal pundits, apart from Merson/Wright, aren't too bad, Dixon & Keown especially are some of the better pundits in the country, Keown is very underrated. Nearly every single Liverpool pundit is biased though.

Spurs have a long list of players that have gone into punditry and talk sense, Ginola etc, but instead, it's the mugs who have the spotlight, Redknapp, Crooks..

Not saying there should be United pundits though. Neville is intelligent and pundits well but I have no doubt he will be biased.

HOWEVER. The worst is undoubtedly Andy Townsend, short-lived chelsea prick.

So there is no ex-United on tv?

BBC: Linekar, Hansen, Shearer, Lawrenson and Dixon.

ITV: Chiles, Townsend, Desailly and Southgate.

Ch5: Rosenthal. Collymore, Taylor, Houghton and Stewart Robson.

Sky: David Jones and Ed Chamberlin, Redknapp, Souness, Hoddle, Wilkins, Allardyce

ESPN: Stubbs, Savage, Keegan, McMananman and Allardyce.

Wilkins dont count hes more chelsea now and also spurs it seems..... the only good thing about sky is they sometimes have a player/ex player in the studio from each team alongside one of there main guys.

/

Edit those are the official line ups of main pundits that are on there pay roll.

• Upvote 1

Redknapp is bias towards Liverpool?

McManaman? Souness?

:lol:

And you clearly listened to none of those ex- liverpool pundits during the 5 years Benitez was in charge.

None of them ever never professed to vehemently hating a whole city anyway.

Guest Klitschko

And lol at talking about their bashing of Benitez

Don't think that if in 15 years time Neville was punditing and some oaf was not fulfilling the potential of the first 11, that he wouldn't slew him. Pro-Liverpool doesn't mean Pro-every manager they will ever have

The notable thing is that the Pool players were the ones slaughtering him most

Wonder why that was

Benitez argument on who his biggest critics were could go on forever. Different argument.

For all I care, United could have 20 ex-players as pundits, doubt any of them would be as bad (impartiality wise) as Neville. Don't know many players who rub so many different fans up the wrong way.

Football fans are paranoid, they think every1 hates their team lol

I frt Neville was very good in the chair for England v Wales..I respect his passion and Lpool have Phil Thompson who is kinda like Nev

Raymond Wilkins is better in the chair but he does well as a co commentator, he has a great understanding of the game...if u can speak or understand different languages the commo's are always biased to home team neways

I didnt watch the Madrid v Spurs game properly after the sending off, but Raymond was blasting Crouch for the 1st yellow and warned about how dangerous that yellow cud be and he was right as the beanpole got another yellow.. so the whole stay on ur feet thing was superb tactical nous

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Dwight Yorke

Alan Brazil

Gordon Strachan

Lou Macari

Gary Pallister

Mickey Thomas

Peter Schmeichel

Added to the fact the numbers of journos and hosts of footballing programmes that support Manchester United, i.e Tommy Smyth.

Defo clutching at straws here.... when was the last time any of them were on TV for something that wasnt a united match and didnt have at least one pundit from the opposition ?

and we all know that its a FACT media, journos etc.... love west ham, arsenal and newcastle and HATE united and lpool

• Upvote 1

Neville is a c*nt

/

The former Liverpool players who are pundits are cunts on the whole and just follow the lead of whatever bollocks the rest of the panel are talking. Carragher will definitely be a pundit when he's done, he was sat there watching Merson slaughter Johnson and said nada.

It's ironic Mcateer is probably the most informed and balanced pundit seen as he was known for being a bit dim.

I didnt watch the Madrid v Spurs game properly after the sending off, but Raymond was blasting Crouch for the 1st yellow and warned about how dangerous that yellow cud be and he was right as the beanpole got another yellow.. so the whole stay on ur feet thing was superb tactical nous

If this is what you class as 'superb tactical nous'.....then....well....snm tbh