THE WIRE VS. SOPRANOS

Thizz

Sopranos is the best show ever made

The Wire is a close second, but it could be dead out at times in the same way Mad Men or Board Walk-empire could be

(all great shows) but imo nothings touching Sopranos in terms of writing/narrative/acting

the way man was hooked the first time, i remember waking up before work banging out a couple episodes, and then watching a couple more when i got back

the only show thats really ever peaked my interest on them levels

i cant wait to finish uni so that i can begin from the start

• Downvote 1

Both are great shows, im getting towards the end of season 5 of The Sopranos & I agree with whoever said this season feels like it's been padded out...still good though.

I think Sopranos changed the game when it came to TV shows though, the cinematography was on par with big budget movies, the stories locked you in, it had a good mix of drama and comedy etc

But still...Im going with The Wire.

the wire = indepth look into certain real aspects of socio economic issues caused by race/classism/poverty etc and the effects

sopranos= some decent written sh*t middle class white mafia who doesnt like black people acting like a don.

carries about as much weight as sons of anarchy, another stupid white tale of gangs running a town.

the wire's plot shows no one is invincible, unlike sporanos.

• Downvote 5

the wire = indepth look into certain real aspects of socio economic issues caused by race/classism/poverty etc and the effects

sopranos= some decent written sh*t middle class white mafia who doesnt like black people acting like a don.

carries about as much weight as sons of anarchy, another stupid white tale of gangs running a town.

the wire's plot shows no one is invincible, unlike sporanos.

what are you on about,

how many characters from the start of season 1 survived till the end of the final season in Soprano's?

ignoring people within the actual crew

i'm thinking only Paulie and possibly Tony, everyone else got killed, went mad or flipped by the goverment,

it shows everyones mortality and weaknesses.

definitly doesnt promote Invincibility

• Upvote 3

Its easy to understand why season 2 is less liked than the others, it shifted from all this coverage of what's happening in the black community to what's happening at the docks. To remove or cut down heavily on a main theme like that is bound to get some negative reaction.

Anyway, I agree Season 1 and 4 were the best.

But to be honest there is nothing to get, I doubt most people ‘’don’t get it’’ it’s just a bit more boring and drawn out than the other series IMO.

There is no doubting the writers behind the book and producers and directors of the show are genius from how everything inter links from series 1 to series 5.

But when it comes to the five series just found that one held least amount of weight for me. Yes it shows a bit of one way drugs are imported into the country through the docks, the f*cked up judicial system they have, People smuggling/prostitution, Alcohol abuse, money laundering, How the unions work, which type of people take whatever kick backs etc.

I prefer the scenes from when they in the low rises and the blocks and have some weak product and prop Joe and his easy side niggers try and muscle in on the sly. We also get to witness Stringer’s and prop’s treachery with the whole getting D killed setting Omar onto Brother Muzone. Where we see Bode basically step up to Cappo status I like them scenes. Weren’t really feeling watching scenes with that f*cked up white youth and his snake dad was intresting but allot of my viewing interest was invested into the street level but obviously it is important to show the full scope with the causes and effects it has on EVERYONE not just one view that is usually predominantly projected in these type of shows where they look down on the most and belittle the black man to be the main aggressor.

• Upvote 1