The Little Pea - Appriciation Society

Chicharito

Guest FA23

not realy, if you want anyone on the pitch who would finish a sniff at goal it would be hernandez.

it was the midfields fault he didnt get the service, they either lost it too easy or played it way too early/long ball.

• Upvote 4

nah its catch 22 without hernandez we would of had a lot more of the ball, created a few more chances.

not realy, if you want anyone on the pitch who would finish a sniff at goal it would be hernandez.

it was the midfields fault he didnt get the service, they either lost it too easy or played it way too early/long ball.

Not against Barca

Also pairing him with Rooney would leave him isolated as he likes to come in too deep

They tried the same against Arsenal with a very similar outcome

Hernandez as an impact sub when Barca are a lot more venerable (last 15 minutes) would have made a lot more sense

• 4 years later...

"Regarding Chicharito, of course he's a great player that every club in the world would love to have and we'd love the chance to have him," Da Silva told the Orlando Sentinel.

"Right now we don't have anything done, and you know during the process of negotiations the less we talk about it the better.

“So we'll see if there is a possibility and then we'll move forward. We hope in one or two weeks to be ready to talk about Chicharito in a different way."

Man Utd skipper Wayne Rooney admits his role up front has changed significantly under manager Louis van Gaal.

Rooney ended his 11th season with United on 14 goals

Wayne Rooney admits his role as a striker is more 'disciplined' under Louis van Gaal at Manchester United.

Former United captain Gary Neville described Rooney as the 'silent dominator' following last month's win over City, when Rooney had the fewest amount of touches - 35 - in a Premier League game with The Reds.

And in a wide-ranging interview with Neville, Rooney revealed Van Gaal suggested he limit his average touches per game down to 10.

"I think it's a more disciplined role," the United skipper told Neville on Sky Sports.

"The manager, actually, when he spoke to me about how he wants me to play up front, he went back to when he was manager of Bayern Munich and the striker there was averaging 10 touches a game. I was like 'bloody hell, I want more than that'.

Neville praised Rooney's performance against City in April

Neville praised Rooney's performance against City in April

"I can't remember who the striker was [possibly Ivica Olic] but then he said he was scoring two goals a game, so I was like 'that's no pressure then, two goals in 10 touches'.

Rooney: Van Gaal relegated me to fifth-choice penalty taker at Manchester United

United are a goalscoring threat again from midfield and, against City, Ashley Young, Marouane Fellaini and Juan Mata netted in the 4-2 victory.

Rooney rarely got on the ball against City in April

Mata became United's first midfielder to hit double figures since Paul Scholes in 2004-05, while Ander Herrera hit eight and Fellaini seven.

Rooney celebrates Fellaini's goal against City

Rooney celebrates Fellaini's goal against City

And Rooney claimed a key role in his teammates' impressive figures.

"I was trying to stay high, trying to stretch the pitch and more leave the space for the midfield players," he added.

"Which I think was being shown we were killing teams in midfield, in particular with Fellaini and Ashley Young. I was trying to stay out of it and look for runs behind and take up and control the two centre-halfs, rather than them control me."

rooneytouches.jpg

Was just thinking these are the perfect tactics for a poacher like Hernandez who is poor on the ball but has the pace and movement to be in the right place at the right time. I'd put my money on an in-form Hernandez scoring 2 goals from 10 touches over 3HUNNA.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys shit

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hes not a finisher at all

Just has excellent movement and takes advantage of tired legs

• 3 weeks later...