The GOD Like Status Given To Mourinho

Mame Biram Diouf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

He wins trophies

Having the biggest budget every time helps

Will he ever re-build a team or always get out at the right time.

2011-12 La Liga

You're the idiot who says Mourinho isn't adaptable.

Show me one team he built from start and maintained it or when the going gets tough he re-builds a new team starts a new cycle.

Look Mourinho the spine is always in place then because he has the biggest chequebook to add more quality

His biggest test will come if he goes back to England and takes over Sir Alex(not having the biggest budget)

• Upvote 1

He is good at fixing a leak under the sink gets the money but after he leaves its not long until that leak is back until he actually replaces the pipes from a kitchen unit and builds a secure one then I will put a poster of him on my wall :Y:

That's not Mourinho's problem though is it? He done his job and got the MAXIMUM out of what was at his disposal. It was IMPOSSIBLE to f**k up that Inter team, deemed an easy league, yet he beat Barca with them and won EVERYTHING Europe had to offer, and every manager has f**ked up there ever since. Juventus, top? In 2012? F**king hell :rofl:

Tactically not many can touch him. Talk about how much he's spent all you want.

• Upvote 2

Mourinho wins everything, simple, everything.

Won both Cups and Leagues with EVERY team he has been with.

The special thing about him is his mentality, he gets players believing they will win and he gets players over the line in a demanding season, which is similar to Sir Alex in that he has the mentality for the long haul of a season.

Very few managers have this.

To me this is the key to a great manager, one who can get the best out of his players even when they are not up for the task, for this you also have to be your own manager because you have to stop the mental fatigue within yourself.

He is also smart enough to know when continuation is the best thing, not naive like AVB in trying to reshape things and destroying moral within a team.

It's up to him what he wants to achieve, he is not far from being the greatest manager in history already.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
Mourinho titled himself a "Special One" when he left Porto to take over at Chelsea in 2004 after winning two Portuguese titles, the Champions League and the UEFA Cup during his tenure in Oporto.

He has lived up to the billing by progressing two Premier League titles at Chelsea, two Serie A titles and the Champions League with Inter Milan and the Spanish La Liga with Real Madrid.

He has never failed to pick up a trophy in a calendar year during his time as a manager.

"In England, I was presented as the 'Special One'," said Mourinho.

"Thanks to God, things have gone well and, whether you like it or not, I am the only one who has won the English, Italian and Spanish championships. So, more than the 'Special One', they must begin to call me the 'Only One'."

"After having won practically everything, as time has passed I have become less self-centred and egocentric," he said. "I have always liked more the joy of other people, those around me. For this, winning with Inter gave me a special pleasure. These are challenges, not personal goals. I also think I could have been a good human resources executive."

Mourinho also claimed that no other side in the world could compete with Real Madrid or Barcelona over a season.

"It is a consequence of the footballing power of the two clubs," he said. "The best team from England, or Germany, Holland, or from any other country, the most they could do in Spain would be third place.

"This duel of titans forces the clubs and the players to become better. It is a healthy duel and I enjoy it. The two clubs are fighting for world football hegemony."

jose_laugh.gif

jose_giggle.gif

jose_laugh3.gif

jose_damn.gif

jose_laugh2.gif

josedoesntcareandlaughs.gif

Show me one team he built from start and maintained it or when the going gets tough he re-builds a new team starts a new cycle.

Look Mourinho the spine is always in place then because he has the biggest chequebook to add more quality

His biggest test will come if he goes back to England and takes over Sir Alex(not having the biggest budget)

so he won the Champions League with Porto because he had the biggest budget in the competition?

Mourinho also claimed that no other side in the world could compete with Real Madrid or Barcelona over a season.

"It is a consequence of the footballing power of the two clubs," he said. "The best team from England, or Germany, Holland, or from any other country, the most they could do in Spain would be third place.

"This duel of titans forces the clubs and the players to become better. It is a healthy duel and I enjoy it. The two clubs are fighting for world football hegemony."

wrong

respect where due, but club teams outside of the premier league aren't conditioned for the league season the way premier league teams are.

only league in the world where the top teams have to play their absolute best every single game if they want a result.

the 30 point gap between 2nd and 3rd says it all. the fact that for the whole season, no one else ever looks like a contender

that, alongside results such as Man United 4-4 with everton, and their 1-0 defeat to wigan.

no easy games in the premier league. simple routine victories all season in La Liga

playing in the premier league and having to play his best every week is also the reason Cristiano Ronaldo scored against every la Liga team last season

if You don't know the difference between an away game against Fulham/Liverpool/Newcastle and an away game against Malaga/Osasuna/Levante, I honestly can't help You

Barca and Madrid only ever win when it's easy. soon as there's a little pressure and they have to grind out the result, You see results such as:

Barca 2-2 AC Milan

Chelsea 1-0 Barca

Barca 2-2 Chelsea

Bayern Munich knock out Madrid on penalties.

tell me when Barca/Madrid have been in a close game and had to grind out a result, other than against each other.

It's good you mentioned Levante

You do know they finished 5th with their awful budget last time that happened in England

To avoid these back and forths

TV Money is the difference like said the likes of Sunderland have bigger budgets than the likes of Valencia and we all know what would happen if they played each other in a Europa League tie

You do know they finished 5th with their awful budget last time that happened in England

last season

Newcastle United

You missed my point. When Barca see the fixture list, and see the game away against Levante is coming up, they're counting 3 points already in the bag

When United see the away game against Fulham they expect a battle where they have to do their best to win

and Valencia finished 3rd. Sunderland finished 13th. is that Your idea of a fair comparison, coz that will surely prove my point?

but if You wana see Arsenal vs Valencia in the champions league and think it's goin Valencia's way, looooooooool / we'll wait and see.

Nobody in this league will stop Real y Barca in a 38 game season

Taking them for the Old Firm laugh.gif

it's one thing to say Madrid would beat United in a CL tie, with a walkover game at the weekend while United have a premier league game.

but to suggest Madrid have ever had to do what United have to do over a season, and think they would be able to is purely a guess.

first time of asking they wouldn't do it, and United would finish 2nd or 1st

so he won the Champions League with Porto because he had the biggest budget in the competition?

still hasn't been answered