Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The King

JuanMa Lopez v Salido

1 post in this topic

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, - WBO Featherweight Champion Juan Manuel “Juanma” López is confident in a win against Mexican and former IBF Featherweight Champion Orlando Salido this Saturday, April 16th, at the Rubén Rodríguez Coliseum in Bayamón, Puerto Rico, in a Top Rank and PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) presentation to be televised by Showtime.

“I'm very well trained for this bout, I know Salido, a strong fighter a former world champion", Lopez said during tha final press conference held today at Verdanza Hotel in Isla Verde, Carolina, Puerto Rico. López (30-0, 27 KOs) will make the third defense of the title that he won in January 2010 when he knocked out Steven Luevano and then achieved KOs against Bernabé Concepción and Rafael Márquez. In Salido (34-11-2 y 22 nocauts), López will face a veteran fighter, who was an IBF Featherweight Champion who fought versus former World Champions as Alejandro “La Cobrita” González, César “La Cobrita” Soto, Robert Guerrero and Cristóbal Cruz, and actual Champions like Juan Manuel Márquez and Yuriorkis Gamboa. Also in the TV transmission, WBO Latino champion Luis Cruz (17-0, 14 KOs) will fight against Martin Honorio (29-5-1, 15 KOs). There will be another six bouts in the show. TV starts at 10:30 p.m.

JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ"I am very excited to be fighting at home and have worked very hard so that I can give my fans as good a fight as I can."Salido is a very good fighter. He is strong and will come after me all night long. I have to be smart and try to win as many rounds as I can, but if I hurt him I will go for the knockout."The Puerto Rico-Mexico rivalry is one full of tradition and I hope that this fight will become one of the most remembered in the history of these great confrontations between the two countries."ORLANDO SALIDO"This is an opportunity for me to become a world champion away and I look forward to this fight. I expect it to be hard, but with my great preparation I feel that I can win."I am not intimidated to come to his home country for this fight. I know what I am capable of doing and I will be ready for war on Saturday."Many great fighters from both Mexico and Puerto Rico have been part of this great rivalry and I look forward to having this considered one of the best fights in the history of it.''

Lopez v Gmaboa has to happen if Lopez wins! Gamboa doesnt think it will happen though.