FAO Smokers

Sinister

smoking anything of course has a substantial negative impact on your health and fitness.weed is known to lower testosterone, which is bad news for anyone training for strength or size.i would say quit but if you feel you must smoke try and cut down significantly and leave as long a gap as possible between smoking and training both before and after (ideally like 24 hours to allow testosterone levels to return to normal)depends on ur priorities rlly, if getting high is more important to you than ur aims in the gym. even a die hard stoner would get some benefits from regular training i guess.

• Upvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

you can still be fit and smoke say 3 or 4 a day. plenty of footballers are showing this! but its the same as drinking, a little bit here and there is bad but its obviously not gonna do you anything too serious. Its when you start touching that 10,15 a 20 a day when there's no way you can still be fit and keep it upbottom line is though you will always be fitter without smoke than with it. Dont lie to yourself and say its equal

weed is known to lower testosterone, which is bad news for anyone training for strength or size.
This is bull, bare conflicting articles on this. Do not believe.I never went gym before i smoked weed so i have no clue if it would benefit me to stop.Don't plan on it.Have no problem gaining weight.I don't smoke before gym though then i just do a half assed workout.Spliff after the sauna >>> ____I can run for time i don't get out of breath but i don't smoke bare zoots a day just a few.Never been a cig smoker you should all quit that filthy habbit.My appetite is much better stoned so that only benefits me. I'm also more aware of what's in my food if i'm sticking to a diet or something.p.s enough bodybuilders smoke bud
  • Upvote 1

weed is known to lower testosterone, which is bad news for anyone training for strength or size.
This is bull, bare conflicting articles on this. Do not believe.I never went gym before i smoked weed so i have no clue if it would benefit me to stop.Don't plan on it.Have no problem gaining weight.I don't smoke before gym though then i just do a half assed workout.Spliff after the sauna >>> ____I can run for time i don't get out of breath but i don't smoke bare zoots a day just a few.Never been a cig smoker you should all quit that filthy habbit.My appetite is much better stoned so that only benefits me. I'm also more aware of what's in my food if i'm sticking to a diet or something.p.s enough bodybuilders smoke bud
show me said articles?i think the scientific studies claiming that cannabis suppresses testosterone are based on massive doses given to lab rats so im willing to accept that may be a bit of propaganda.i used to smoke weed and go to the gym, this was back when i was 17-18. when i say go to the gym i mean i would turn up and just do what i felt like for a bit (mostly benching and curling) then walk around puffing my chest out tryna draw girls. I didnt have any routine or diet or any particular goals. So i dont know what impact smoking weed might have on a more 'serious' training regime. but i DO know what impact weed smoking had on my discipline/ambition/aggression/determination and resolve and i DO NOT believe that smoking can be part of you're life if you want to be physically exceptional.i quit a long time ago and nowadays i work hard both in the weight room and in my conditioning routine. my conditioning routine basically consists of running up a 25% hill as many times as i can 3 times a week. sometimes i take a bag of sand and try and carry that up.there have been times where my lungs are screaming and my vision is narrowing and i thought i was dying, there is no way a smoker could keep up with me on that hill.cud you name the body builders?i have never met someone i would regard as strong who was a smoker.when i was enquiring about the kind of applicants the LFB were looking for, i was told if ur a smoker dont bother applying because you simply will not pass the medical, what does this tell you. its common sense that smoking (whatever your smoking) is going to have a substantial impact on your health and you would be stronger, faster and more of a beast if you didnt.i understand that a lot of guys simply go to the gym to look a little better/bigger, but im just sayin really.

Basically i just googled marijuana lowers test and had a quick look as i've never even heard that before.Done a bit more research and found a us government website that states there's no correlation between chronic marijuana use and test levels so obviously smoking weed now and then obviously also has no effect.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1935564?dopt=Abstract/re:bodybuildersOK i don't know enough at the top of my headArnold was the guy that made me say that.arnold-fumando.jpgI know plenty of people who are strong who smoke though obviously i'm not a doctor and i've never ran tests on the effectsAlso this is just regarding weights obviously we all know it effect's cardio ability's