Biggest waste of space in ur gym?

Skenghis Khan

fkinell some gyms waste a lot of money on some pointless crap.the gym i go to down here is pretty good basic kind of place, but they still have a smiths machine and a legpress no one uses. they should replace them with glute/ham raise and an extra power rack imo.i had the misfortune of using a shitty college gym couple of years back (i got free access, was linking an employee), they decided to get rid of a power rack and olympic bench to make room for more machines, such as a curling machine(wtf?), sum kind of rotating ab thingy and this obscene device that was like a pec dec for ur thighs, the twatish staff maintained barbells were unsafe apparently. i digress.

My dream gym (i built in my head)£2 entry /£3 afta 6 (just like my old gym... woodgreen / norf residents kno)Room 13 Flat benches / 1 Incline Benches / 2 Decline benches2 Pull up/ Dip bars2 Lat Pull down1 Seated Shoulder press Rack1 peck deck (but da pole handle 1s, so u can spin around and f*ck ur back up :D )2 Cable crossover thingys1 chest press machines (4 the machine lovers)1 shoulder press machine (once agen machine lovers)couple benches dat fold up n down1 Corner metal thing for T-Bar rows1 Preacher curl rack wiv EZ baranother EZ bar jus hanging aroundDumbells ranging from 8KG to 60KG (4 dem steroid f*ckers)Room 2 2 Power Racks4 Normal squat racks 1 Leg Curl/press combo machine1 leg curl1 leg pressRoom 34 treadmills3 bikes3 Rowing machinesRoom 42 heavy boxing bagscouple speed bags2 technique bags (da 1s dat swing bk at u)All bars 20KG Olympic bars...f*ck da plastic shitanyfin left out?

Guest M12 Part 2

smith machine is sick! i agree with some of the other tings posted in here though. Especially the vagina machine. lols when you see grown men getting onto it

gyms try and acoomodate a wide range of people, thats why i think they put all sorts of gimmicks.and you're right they waste alot of space.thats why im happy gymbox doesnt have that and i can say there isnt any waste of space, when i was at LA fitness and virgin i saw plenty of wasted space and silly machines just repeated.

I used to lol at the 'Vagina Machines' until I f*cked my back up.As a result my core muscles, hamstrings, groin and glutes were/are f*cked up. Yes, I then became one of those guys on those machines. I've had to spend ages using them to strengthen my Gluteus Medius. Was unable to use freeweights so the machines along with physio became my best friends and have helped me through rehab.I no longer lol at those machines, would have struggled without them.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
Guest M12 Part 2
curling machines! whats the point especially 1 armed ones! i still use smith for squats, present gym has no squat rack, and smith sqauts better than no squats.
Tbh you'd be better off doing Bulgarians and lunges. Smith squatting is silly IMO. It's an ego exercise. No carryover to anything.