Cesc - "I was selfish, blame me.. I'm obsessed with Barcelona"

anelka

http://www.donbalon.com/web/articulo/i-4922/--en-el-camp-nou-fui-egoista-y-lo-pago-el-equipo--http://www.donbalon.com/web/entrevista/i-4919/--el-arsenal-debe-tomar-una-decision--o-ir-a-ganar-o-a-formar-jugadores--Spanish to English translation
Cesc Fabregas has revealed he was 'selfish' in staying on the pitch against Barcelona in Arsenal's recent Champions League exit.The Gunners won the first leg against the Catalan giants, but were below par at the Nou Camp in a 3-1 defeat, and Fabregas believes he deserves to take much of the blame for the result.The midfielder, formerly of Barca, says that after only 14 minutes he knew he wasn't fit enough to stay on the pitch, but did so anyway.He said: "The second leg at Camp Nou was one of the most important games of my career. I was returning to Barcelona as Arsenal's captain, with a favourable result from the first leg, playing against friends and with my family in the stands."We had high expectations ahead of the game, but it ended in disaster and I was the one to blame. I'm 70 per cent responsible for Arsenal's Champions League exit."The Spain international added that he wasn't fit enough to play for the full 90 minutes and should have asked for a substitution.He continued: "I picked up a knock after 14 minutes and my world just collapsed when I looked at the clock and saw that we were only a quarter-hour under way."I did already miss the Carling Cup final as I was rested and I didn't have any problems ahead of the match against Barcelona."I picked up a hamstring problem though when I intercepted a pass from Adriano. I've had this injury before and I told myself not to give up. If I had left the pitch them, which I should have done, I'd have regretted it for the rest of my life. People would have thought that I didn't want to play."I really wanted to continue play, even though I could hardly turn and couldn't sprint. I suffered a lot out there and then came that one ball."I'm not the type of player to shoot the ball out of play in a difficult situation. I didn't know what to do and eventually lost the ball to [Andres] Iniesta, who set up [Lionel] Messi for the goal."I was really disappointed with myself. I really wanted to play and didn't thin about the team's interests. I was selfish and ended up paying the price as I didn't play well and we lost."It also hurt my family to see me like that and they immediately knew something was up. It really was a day to forget, but I've learned from my mistake."
Spanish to English translationDB. "You said the day he played in the Nou Camp for Arsenal was the worst of his life. Is it related only to the elimination?"Man, I knew it was one of the biggest games I could play. For returning to the Nou Camp for Arsenal, he did as captain, with a favorable outcome, playing against many friends and my family was in the stadium. It was a match that had been prepared with high hopes and ended in disaster. And I was the most guilty, I say what I say. If Arsenal is out of the Champions League 70% of the blame.DB .- Is not being too hard on yourself?"No, it's true. For me in 14 minutes I have a flat tire and when I look at the clock on the scoreboard and see who has not passed or fourth time I drop the world over. I had already lost the final of the Carling Cup, was rested for that game, I felt no discomfort in the days before ... But when I went to cut a pass from Adriano, I noticed a pain in the hamstring. I've had this problem many times my head said:''You can not quit now.'' How could it be? If I was going at that time, which is what we should have done, and I will regret a lifetime of not having left the country, in my head, people have believed that I erased, that would not play.DB. "But it chose to pursue ..."I tried. I could not turn around, I could not sprint, I could only jog. To which I turned as I like, I always look for the hint, I suffered a lot. So I did that ball y. .. I am neither of those players that will shoot into the crowd! Do not know what to do, I came back, otherwise I would have turned, but the head pain had blocked and finished by a heel that gave Iniesta and Messi picked to score the first goal.
Full Interview
DB .- What image was a boy of 16 years on Arsenal?"I knew I had a great coach, who gambled by playing young players like Henry, Bergkamp, Viera, Pires. Nor was I a fan of the Premiership, still abstracts on Sunday but that's it. Perhaps it was even harder to come here, nor knew where I was going ...DB .- What has changed this picture eight years later?-Buff. At all. I have also changed a lot physically and I've matured as a person. If I start I learned a lot has to analyze all this time, I also made mistakes and now I am, ultimately, much more complete.DB .- Do you feel a child prodigy?-No. Well, maybe at the beginning itself. Not now. I've been a couple of years that injuries have left me not evolve in the way he wanted. But with 17 years playing 51 games after winning the Cup with 18, playing the final of the Champions and the World Cup with 19. I remember well from my early days but people are not much. In those first three years was very fast, a blast to use. It's time that I have evolved, the change I made stronger. At age 21, after the European Championship, I had more injuries, everything has been less continuous and cost me more progress.DB.-First things first. His first season in the first team, with 17 years is not a team anyone ..."It was a great team. 'The Invincibles', who came to win the Premiership without losing a single match. I started there and was between 15 and 18 more games where we knew no defeat. That year I played 51 games and many starts. The truth is that I feel a little part of that record, a total of 49 league games without defeat.DB .- Is the best team he has played?"No doubt. Wow, is that it goes without thinking. It was a year in which I evolved a lot. Even I sometimes wonder whether it was better at 17 than now. When you realize that you see, what happens is that before playing on a winning team and was impressive. Felt that if you made a bad game it was okay because your partner you solved it. Those players made you better. I've always said, as that team, either.DB .- things have changed a lot. Do you feel pressure now have to always offer the best version?"Yes, yes, man, of course. That I have it very clear, which I pass failure on the man everyone has on the eyes. I hate to say but it's true. If I play bad, I feel the responsibility and pressure from the fans. It's something I had not ever happened but since I'm captain this is reality. Only Van Persie and I stayed in that generation, and we like a lot of responsibility. But it is what it is.DB. "But I do not deny that something like ...- Of course I like it! What happens is that sometimes it is too. Why? Because football is a team game. Nobody wins games alone. You win two or three throughout the course but not a title. Sometimes all that surrounds me is oversized but it is the responsibility of leading a team that is very young. The most important thing for me is that injuries to respect me because otherwise it is very complicated. And the continuity is what made me get where I am.Arsenal DB. "This is a very young team but from the outside gives the impression that it always is. Is not it a loop?"Look, I believe that the key is in a good combination. So I feel very, very fortunate to have played in the great team where I started. Because I was alone, also Van Persie, and the two were growing watching our idols. We learned from the best. Now it's different because we are all too young to have a person say, Guaaau!DB. "Well, now the youth of the team are set and want to learn from you ...- That and I do not know but I have only 23 years and that's important to remember. I started as soon as you appear to have 27 or 28. Then you look and I have a long way to go. So I was very lucky. Young people learned from the greats. It is now more complicated. Wilshere if you put the computer on which I played before ... is different. Do not say it is neither better nor worse. Before there were references, winning players, stronger and faster she learned playing with them.DB .- Do you mind to associate the name of Wenger to him like someone who guides his steps, which decides for you?"Man, he is the boss, I have a contract and he has every right in the world to decide. But the truth is no. You can see or interpret from the outside but not so. I always speak openly and honestly and he accepts quite what I say."It seems DB. have to find a 'guilty' that you follow in the Arsenal ...I do not know but it seems that if I do not step now I will not ever give. I have 23 years and if I go this summer, I'll have 24, if I go to the other, I 25; if I go to the other, 26, and if I go to another 27! Things have to bear with patience and bide our time. The day I leave Arsenal I will head, not because. Besides, who says you're going to play on the new computer? Or maybe you do not evolve. I here I have the good fortune to a personal level, despite not winning a lot, I'm getting very strong. Puyol and I talk to tells me that to 26 did not win anything. Puyol, who has won everything in the world of football! Patience and work is most important in life.DB .- How is it that a technician as Wenger, who has not won anything for so many years, remains as little question?"Man, it is now easier to understand because I've been here for many years. But it is clear that if you come from Spain and tell Emery, Guardiola and Mourinho who will be three years without winning anything is assumed that they will not follow. But here is different, the coach is a smart person and the club appreciates other things, that the team is always in the Champions League, which fights to the end, which serve young people, economic stability. I guess for the presidents that is important. Although I imagine there will be a time when you have to take the plunge ... Or win or not win.DB. "That was getting at. The label accompanying the Arsenal is' never win anything but ... What soccer practice! "."It's true. When I started we won the Cup and then we reached the final of the Champions League, well, we do not win but you say, 'Ostia', you have won one less and Barcelona in the last minute. Do not give it as a victory but think, is the first time the club reached the final of the Champions League, have played millions of players here and we've got us. But from 2007 I already started to say that the''do not win but we played very well.'' And then you realize it does not work. Enjoy, during a phase of the championship, as this year, for example, when we were in four different competitions. And say, if I have it all! But after missing that final point and it is here where you have to make a decision: Either go to win or to train players.Does''Chelsea? Nobody will see me wearing the shirt of another English''DB. "Last year, following the departure of Adebayor, you explode as a scorer. What happened?"Well, I changed my position. I'm playing more than playmaker, last year was the first in that position. I felt very good physically and most goals came when he was with Van Persie up. I get along very well with him for his way of interpreting the game.DB .- Do you feel comfortable in this position?"I still think that my position is a little delayed. Because you see the football face, give support, move fast ... In short, you participate more. Now all teams know me and I put a guy back. I'm not a player used to turn around and get back. Now I'm used to, do not play as many balls but I have more chance of giving the final pass and score. If the team needs me here because I loved it.DB. I do not know if in this respect the emergence of Wilshere will be influenced. The kid is on everyone's lips."Normal is a great player. I love, going to crack. It is very strong for his age. I wish I had the leg strength he has. To which matures and improving the pass will be a great player.DB. He assembled quite a stir because Guardiola said that the subsidiary had many Barca players like Wilshere. I do not know if it will seem a lot but what is clear is that next year will be Thiago Alcántara FC Barcelona first team. What do you know him?"As speech is a great player. I've only seen a few minutes into the first team. But with little and you realize you have an incredible quality, is one of those players who do not know very well that position does. You can play attacking midfielder because he has dribbling and vision of the game but it can have an organizer. Let's see how it is defined over the years. I think it will be good for Barcelona and the Spanish team.DB.-Fernando Torres to Chelsea ... Did you expected?No! The truth is that how it happened, in so few hours, not what I expected. I imagined Torres outside the Premiership, but also to leave mid-season. But: I have clearly been a good decision.DB .- And if you come to Chelsea with the millions made by Torres Cesc wondering, what do you do?- Me? Paint pictures! Do not paint anything.DB. "You know what I mean: imagine you are trying to convince an ambitious project ..."Do not you see. If one day I'm leaving for Arsenal will never sign for another English team. Quite sure.DB. He had heard the hype about Jon Toral, another player in Barca's youth system which has recently joined Arsenal. Were you surprised by criticism of his coach, given the similarity of his case?"I think this makes the whole world. I was the first, yes, but there have been other cases that have transcended both. Manchester United also won Pique. Here the only thing that is clear is that in Barcelona there are homegrown real good that can come to play in the elite, 60% likely. But not everyone will do at the club and some players are aware of it.DB .- Do you it was?"Look, in the Barcelona first team reach the privileged: the Xavi, the Puyol. And then there are the superprivileged, Busquets and Pedro, they've won the lottery. They've worked but now a coach and told them, 'you play tomorrow. " This does not happen much. I have many friends who are still in Barca B, and Víctor Vázquez. Believe me, some were better than me. But you have to choose. Each finds his way.

I will edit these posts when more has been translated..RE: Fibreglass, im losing patience with the boy, granted he aint been fit etc but if he wants 2go Barca Wenger should bomb him outId take Affellay & Mash plus a bit of cash for him tbhAs for his antics in Barcelona, nothing short of a disgrace, if he felt his hammy he shudda been off instantly, Wenger is also 2blame as we were a effectively a player short against the best team in the world smh

if we sold him last season then we wouldnt have even made champions league this season tbhbarr the now arsenal cliquesthat we play sh*t after a international break/tire out with injuries towards the end of the seasonCesc has been great for us, loosing him at the age of 23 is such a mistake, for him and for us

Cesc is a top player no doubt and we should be keeping our best players and adding quality but in this case if the lad really wants 2go we should let him..Hes given us great service, been a great poster boy for our youth set-up but as I always say he came into the invincible side and we have won 1 FA Cup since he began playing in the 1st team..

Cesc saying what 90percent of us are thinking tbh especially with the"And you say to yourself 'here I have everything!' But then that final point is missing and it's then when you have to make a decision: either go out and win or develop players."i really reaally reaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehope that now our f*ck*ng captain is coming out and saying itand not just fans plus a group of ex arsenal playersmaybe Wenger and the Board will rethink things

can never be compared to CashelyCash left with a team of very good players around him, who had that winning edgeCesc clearly sees the same flaws and poor decisions which we all see and the fears we all have thru lack of experiencetbh if we had one maybe 2 trophies in the last few years, i reckon the doubt at this age would not be there and if if wenger decided to give someone else the captaincy then he wouldn't he phazedcus keep down i think i know he knows he aint captain materialwatch the spin thats given by the board and wenger when he leavesits not exactly surprising hes saying this in light of what seaman, vierra, wnterburn etc etc have saidand having to witness ur "fans" booo the team and question the manager, fair commentsevery season smh

Cashley didnt disappoint me for leaving for the money or even going to Chelsea, he is dumb and had the wrong agent, or at least publically his agent seem to be the one to blame. Cashley disappointed me, cos like Vieira said he should have been a Arsenal captain, he's a self-confessed Arsenal boy, he should have seen out his career there and picked up the responsibilty and spread the tradition and experience to others, thats why at times the team doesnt always connect with the supporters.Cesc job is to do this, he's the captain, the leader of the young players, and basically what Puyol tells him is what he should be doing.Edit: I've just read the full transcript and some of the UK journo's & Talksport are fully taking the piss the way they initially reported it. Still Cesc the timing is f*ck*ng dumb.

Edit: I've just read the full transcript and some of the UK journo's & Talksport are fully taking the piss the way they initially reported it. Still Cesc the timing is f*ck*ng dumb.
This always happens with the UK media, they will take a transcript and twist it for sensationalism.Haven't read it yet.

I think he means papers like The Telegraph, who ran with a headline of...

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas: Spanish club wouldn't back Arsène Wenger any longerCesc Fabregas has risked a rift with Arsène Wenger by claiming leading Spanish clubs would have lost patience with the Arsenal manager three years ago.
When in reality Fabregas was explaining the managerial differences between La Liga clubs and Premier League clubs, to someone who is not aware of how the English game works.In reality its more about the era Wenger is from compared to now.

We had an agreement that they had to send copy for approval and it was not done. So I maintain completely that they did not respect the agreement. The article, in itself, I do not want to discuss it with you. They will never get an interview with us again, ever.- Arsene Wenger