Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chicharito

iGoverment

10 posts in this topic

Secret iPhone file records user's whereabouts

It has been discovered that iPhones can be used to monitor people’s whereabouts and track where they go through a secret file contained within the device.

The discovery was made by two security researchers who discovered the file, which contains the latitude and longitude of the phone’s recorded coordinates as well as a timestamp which are copied onto the owner’s computer when synchronised.

It is thought that up to a year’s data could be stored on some owner’s phones and was included in Apple’s iOS 4 update, however it does not seem to transmit the information to Apple itself.

Apple has so far declined to comment on whether the file can be removed or explain its purpose.

i make my phone do something like this tbh to pinpoint where it is if i lose it

can go online n make it ring even if its off or silent

then see the location on a map

its actually pretty good, although i dont like people sneakily having something i dont know about

the reason this is so f*cked is that anyone could jack this file off ur phone or pc

its widely reported that if you're wanted for serious crime having an iphone basically means you're pissed.

the thing knows everything about your life and records it.. next feds know exactly how to get it.

read about this

not surprised.

good now i know so if im going to do something i don't want people to know about, i can leave my iphone somewhere/give it to someone to hold, go do my ting and hey presto i have a f*ck*ng alibi.

i wasn't there i was here.

Philosophy stems from the self alone .a persons views ,beliefs ,ethics ,morals ,personal traits ,experiences their whole personal being so excuse me if I think some jumped up tutor ramming down my neck and a curriculam of what they think philosophy is .its a personal thing can't be taught in a clasroom..yeah you can say it good to gain extra thinking and differing understandings on others philosophy etc but I can gain thata from an internet connection and be intuned into the personal phikosophies and worlds with out going uni.to me that demeens the whole point having a structured course on a structorless way of thinking

its widely reported that if you're wanted for serious crime having an iphone basically means you're pissed.

the thing knows everything about your life and records it.. next feds know exactly how to get it.

IM SELLING DOPE, STRAIGHT OFF THE IPHONE

Is there a way of shutting it off or blocking it in anyway 4orry for earlier post posted in wrong topic ...also wouldn't any info gathered be unadmissable due to it being gained without the owners knowledge ...it all seems very orwellian ..stick with my smelly bb

d*ckheads in the office were like "so who cares"

Missed the point entirely.