Bank Holiday Week 34 / CL Semis

Guest FA23

"The game was a great disappointment. Both teams spent too long trying to get players booked and sent off. They put enormous pressure on the referee and I thought the attitude of the game from both sides was appalling."We get criticised in this country for being physically too competitive. You have a look at that game, and they're the two greatest teams in Spain with great players, players you could only dream of having in your team, and the attitude was a disgrace."Nobody will talk about it, they'll talk about challenges sometimes and being over competitive but you won't hear them talking about players rolling around. That German referee was put under so much pressure it was frightening. You're getting fellow professionals trying to con referees to get other fellow professionals sent off."Someone has to stand up and say something about it because it's happening in this country as well and it's wrong. It's a competitive game but it's about football. We'll be competitive, but we'll be honest, and there's a difference. Wednesday night was tantamount to trying to cheat referees into making bad decisions and that should not happen."
tony_pulis_empics_470x470.jpg

French football chiefs have approved proposals to limit the number of black and Arab players coming through their national training programmes to 30 percent, according to a report.The influential Mediapart website claimed Thursday top management at the French Football Federation (FFF), including France manager Laurent Blanc, secretly discussed and approved "unofficial discriminatory quotas"."For the top brass in French football, the issue is settled: there are too many blacks, too many Arabs and not enough white players in French football," the website claimed
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/french-chiefs-approve-player-quotas-report-182605411.htmllol @ France
IM f*ck*ng FUMINGTHESE MAN ARE SAYING THEY WANT MORE WHITE PLAYERS IN THEIR LEAGUES SO ARE CAPPING THE AMOUNT OF OTHER COLOURS THAT CAN COME THROUGH. IF THIS GETS PASSED I WILL GO ON A MAD ONE. SWEAR DOWN. DPMO/I HOPE THEY PASS IT AND TURN TO ABSOLUTE sh*t WITH A GENERATION OF PASCAL CYGANS
why you so mad for ?30% is more then herearticle is bulshit anyways football is a game for the immigrants in france... the national sport is rugby
  • Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

football aint a place for politics. The best should play regardless of colour. How you going to be explaining to people you're good enough but we already have too many black/arab players. Makes me angry even thinking about it. In a system where the odds are stacked so much against ethnic people allow making things even harder and crushing more dreams. Want us to be bottom of society forever.WMSW

Like i said France is on this tingin a system where u cant even work permit unless ur from the EUgot Afgoons uncles and nephews camping outside calais like common peasantsessentially what they are saying to man is "f*ck off back to your own country" no coincidence man like Assou-Ekotto and Drogba choose to play for their African homelands despite having French passportseven Thierry says he considered London his "home" over Paris

ya get me like this fool wasnt stood next to marcel desailly for the greatest moment of his whole career.
If you're talking about Blanc and the WC final well he didn't play. He was suspended, got sent off against Croatia cos Slavan Bilic acted a p*ssy.Not that it matters or anything, just felt to say it, I remember it clearly for some bizarre reason.

Guest Portuguese

Not impressed at all but it's typical of my country.(I don't even know if I can call it my country as I am non-White)WC 98(f*ck the group stages they don't matter)BlancThuram 2Zidane 2PetitEuro 2000DjorkaeffZidane 2HenryWiltordTrezeguetSNMPorto>>>>>Benfica/Braga knife edge but eagles can do it.AVB+Hulk+FalcaoPinto da costa is going to make money again this summer(Porto are in debt)C/S about Porto/Lyon with their crazy prices