Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest 11 Bills

1 year old gets a 10 year contract

19 posts in this topic

YouTube videos have led to a number of footballers getting signed by clubs around the world, but this might be the first time it's worked for an 18-month-old. It's very much a publicity stunt, but the popular YouTube clip of young Baerke van der Meij kicking balls into his toy chest caught the attention of relegation-threatened Dutch top flight club VVV-Venlo and prompted the club to sign him to a 10-year professional contract. Though, it is made clear that the contract is a "symbolic" one.

From the Telegraph:

The toddler joined VVV's star midfielder Ken Leemans during a training session in De Koel Stadium on Tuesday before being offered the "symbolic" contract.

"The toddler's favourite position has not yet been determined. However, we can speak of a right-footed player with a very good kicking technique, perseverance and, importantly: football genes via his grandfather," said a VVV Venlo press release.

Baerke's grandfather used to play for the club and his family still lives in the city of Venlo.

As silly as this whole thing is, VVV-Venlo really did a great job of selling it, even going so far as to have the little boy attend a press conference and sign a contract. Well, scribble on one, anyway. Here are some pictures from the event...

Between the fauxhawk, the runny nose, and the satisfied look on his face, I'd say little Baerke has a bright future ahead of him.

Of course, Arsenal have long been the subject of jokes about signing young players, so we'll have to wait and see how they react to seeing an 18-month-old signed by another club. Someone is probably trying to figure out how to have a fetus sign a contract right now.

now tell me this nigga aint locked the f*ck in

vvvbaby1.jpg

vvvbaby2.jpg

vvvbaby3.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Dutch-club-VVV-Venlo-sign-1-year-old-child?urn=sow-wp1216

This is the reason why my son will have a ball at his feet as soon as he starts walking.

:lol:

Madness

lmaooo at that signature

I wrote him off as flukey after the first, then he turns around looks at me and bagged the second and third.

BOY WILL KNOCK OUT DONZ IN A FLASH

lmaooo

#winnning

big up

what ever happened to the japense messi kid? did they ever find him?

laugh.gif @ the signature.

The tek these kids have in Holland/Mainland Europe is no laughing matter.

Who's played in them European tournaments as a yout? Or even had a kick about with visitors from the mainland?

SMH SMH SMH

/

The boxer

mellow.gif

Tekks is f*cked. my yout will be doing this fresh out the box.

@Wavant

When I went Holland first time years ago.

Entered this 5a side tournament.

They are faaaaaaaked in Holland with the ball, bruh. Found out what "panna" meant the hard way.