Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Planet

So I decided to sample again

7 posts in this topic

http://soundcloud.com/the-hands/29-04-2011-open-letter

Very very rough, no mixing or anyhtingDid this last nightSampled a S.O.S. band cutDon't watch those keys, pretty off at them mo but I want to show you the idea I have and get some opinions on themAlso need tips on mixing different samples at a time to blend with my strings

I really like the sample, good work man, well arranged. I dunno, there is something about the way the samples come in, maybe you could try a pitch shift from the key the previous sample finished off on to the key the next sample starts on, if you get what I'm saying.Have you tried using Melodyne? Should be good for stretching and manipulating samples neatly.For some reason I'm finding the hats really off putting, think they have too much shuffle in the groove.

yeh it's nice, i think the piano sounds too bright in relation to the samples, but i like the way you've applied them, i take it there's that flute sample, the strings and then that little string fill at the end of every 16? the drums are well programmed as well, maybe vary the hi hats a bit

Oh yeah, also it might be as simple as increasing the attack of the amplitude of each sample to make them fit better.

Thanks guys, ill def see how the changes pan out

feeling the way you chopped up the sample. strings kinda overpower everything else when they come in tho