So I decided to sample again

Captain Planet

http://soundcloud.com/the-hands/29-04-2011-open-letter

Very very rough, no mixing or anyhtingDid this last nightSampled a S.O.S. band cutDon't watch those keys, pretty off at them mo but I want to show you the idea I have and get some opinions on themAlso need tips on mixing different samples at a time to blend with my strings
  • Upvote 1

I really like the sample, good work man, well arranged. I dunno, there is something about the way the samples come in, maybe you could try a pitch shift from the key the previous sample finished off on to the key the next sample starts on, if you get what I'm saying.Have you tried using Melodyne? Should be good for stretching and manipulating samples neatly.For some reason I'm finding the hats really off putting, think they have too much shuffle in the groove.

yeh it's nice, i think the piano sounds too bright in relation to the samples, but i like the way you've applied them, i take it there's that flute sample, the strings and then that little string fill at the end of every 16? the drums are well programmed as well, maybe vary the hi hats a bit

• 3 weeks later...