UEFA EURO U21's 2011

mp*

Guest Portuguese

Best XI going into this tournament (all squads combined)Should be better than 2009(was good)edition but 2007 was sickDe GeaAzpilicuetaBotiaJonesAngelMartinezThiagoEriksenMataYarmolenko Bojan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Barcelona ace Thiago Alcantara has kicked off a war of words with England Under-21s by claiming they haven't heard of ANY of Stuart Pearce's young lions.Midfielder Thiago, 20, says Spain have been boosted by England's list of no-show.Thiago, who is interesting Arsenal and Bolton, reckons his team-mates only know Jack Wilshere and Micah Richards from the England ranks, and are delighted neither will line up when the sides meet tomorrow.Spain have two members of their World Cup-winning squad, Javi Martinez and Juan Mata, in their party and are bidding to seal the nation's next major trophy."We've not really heard of any of their players," said Thiago. "The only ones we really know are Wilshere and Richards, but they are not here."That is good news for us, because they are good players. Richards is a very good defender, while Wilshere is probably the best footballer in the whole team."The fact they will not be playing against us is a positive thing for us."I'm looking forward to playing them - they can be a dangerous team for us. Every time Spain play England at any level, it is difficult for us. But we expect to play well and win."We think we can beat them because we play the better football."We have different styles of play. We are very technical and pass the ball more, whereas the England team are very direct."Thiago said the Spanish juniors are under pressure because of the senior side's success and Barcelona's dominance on the club scene.He added: "It means we are expected to win every game at every level. But we do not mind. We love the game so much, we are able to play with this kind of pressure. We like it and we are confident of playing under this pressure."We want to win and to do that you need to have pressure. I also have the pressure that my father, Mazinho, won the World Cup with Brazil in 1994 and my mother was an international volleyball player."I am very proud of them and I want them to be proud of me, so there is always pressure. I don't know if my father ever played against England. We have never really spoken about English football."Thiago also backed Manchester United goalkeeping target David De Gea, who's set to be Spain's last line of defence against England, to live up to his glowing reputation."De Gea will be the best goalkeeper in the world in a few years," he said. "I love training against him and I love the way he plays."He will be the complete keeper. He has everything, the hands, the strength and the feet. There is nothing in goalkeeping he is not brilliant at."Aston Villa winger Marc Albrighton hit back at Thiago's claims about him and the rest of the England squad, saying: "That's fine by us, they won't realise what's coming their way!"

Sid Lowe said earlier it's clearly misinterpretation or something along those lines and then just translated a tweet from thaigo that said his words had been manipulated or something. Good old british press

Guest Portuguese
Best XI going into this tournament (all squads combined)Should be better than 2009(was good)edition but 2007 was sickDe GeaAzpilicuetaBotiaJonesAngelMartinezThiagoEriksenMataYarmolenko Bojan
Sturridge is better than Bojan.
laugh.gifNo he aintbut thats just my opinion

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Cannot recall Sturridge having a good seasonBut Bojan 07/08>>>>(he should of never said no to Euro 2008 that was the start of his current downfall)

• Downvote 2

sick goal from shaqiriinnocent done well in the build up