Champions League Final 2011 Build up thread

anelka

united can beat barca tatics need to be on point and players need to put in a good performance thats all united need oh yh and united cant score one goal and sit back barca will eat them alive need to keep attacking barcaa

Guest Portuguese

Villa might have to be dropped for the final because replacing Eto'o is becoming a problem that's two who have failed so far.

Guest Portuguese

Guardiola's side of Lionel Messi, Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta has been hailed as the greatest ever in some quarters, but Guardiola feels it cannot compare to Cruyff's side of Michael Laudrup, Hristo Stoichkov and Ronald Koeman who won four straight titles at the start of the 1990s, as well as the 1992 European Cup. "They were pioneers," Guardiola, himself a member of that team, said. "That cannot be matched by winning more titles. You can never be equal to the 'Dream Team' as they were the first to end that streak of so many years without winning. "(Former coaches Louis) van Gaal, (Frank) Rijkaard and us have carried things on, but nothing would have existed without them."This hopefully kills off the theory this current Barca said are the greatest club side ever but it won't

Guest Portuguese

By the way Pique needs Puyol to play alongside him ASAP because seriously Pique wouldn't look out place in Schalke's defence.

• Downvote 1

Stoichkov was so sick/

Darren Fletcher was happy to take in a run-out for the reserves ahead of playing a part in Manchester United's game at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.The midfielder recently spent two months on the sidelines due to a virus before returning as a substitute in last week's UEFA Champions League semi-final against Schalke.He is viewed as a vital part of Sir Alex Ferguson's plans for the Wembley final against Barcelona later this month and has been set a three-game challenge to prove his fitness.The first of those matches comes against Blackburn on Saturday when a point at Ewood Park will confirm United as champions for a record 19th time.The final Premier League game of the season against Blackpool and Gary Neville's testimonial against Juventus have also been earmarked as opportunities for Fletcher to build up his fitness.The Scotland captain featured against Blackburn's reserves on Wednesday and is now focused on the senior meeting between the two clubs at the weekend."We still have to get that point," Fletcher told MUTV."We still have a job to do. The Chelsea result has set us up but we want to win the match."Fletcher reported no ill-effects from his latest outing, although his disappointment at a 2-1 defeat which has cost United their chance to clinch the overall reserve league title was obvious."Minutes on the pitch are important," he admitted. "But I am disappointed with the result."As a first-team player I was wanting to put in a good shift for them and I am disappointed as everyone else by the outcome."

Guest Portuguese

No he is going one better by saying you cannot compare the two because they were pioneers and this current team haven't created a legacy(I will await the three european cup wins in the row which other great teams have acheived who are being insulted by the claims this current Barca team in the greatest club side ever)And this current team is the work of Van Gaal/Rijkaard not just himself.

Guest Portuguese

Three is maybe pushing it I will settle for back to back wins.Do your research and you will realize this Barca team isn't even in the top 5 great club teams of history yet!!!

Guest Portuguese

They play better football than the Dream team but they haven't acheived the same status as them as yet.If you watched both teams then Kudos to you if not research or ask about.Another thing players back then are more humble than this generation of players.

Another thing players back then are more humble than this generation of players.
When man like Pele going around saying he was better than Messi at his time. Dont think so.I honestly believe Laudrup was one of the best to come through.

Guest Portuguese

Pele is Pele he predicts crazy things.I normally don't agree with Pele but he is 100% right when he says he is better than Messi.But I still back my arguement players were more humble back then they are now.Laudrup>>>

• Downvote 1

Many wont agree but I would start Smalling over Ferdinand.Ferdinand's lack of agility will be a problem.The absence of a permanent structure in our midfield is also a problem. I understand that versatility is a benefit, but from my perspective, I cant piece together any formation with which I'm 100% satisfied in the centre.We can go toe to toe with Barc, as long as we dont bless them with a Pen or a Red Card.

• Downvote 10