Season comparison

mp*

2008/9Position: 4thPoints: 72GF: 68GA: 372009/10Position: 3rdPoints: 75GF: 83GA: 412010/11(2 Games left)Likely Position: 3rd(2nd and 4th still possible)Points: 67(Max 73)GF: 69GA: 39Very similar stats in most cases, yet again though when it seems we take a little step forward, we then take one back. So we will finish with less points than last season, score less goals, and conceed the same/more. If we dont pick up max points from our last two games we will finish with less points than 08/09 and i dont even need to remind you about that season.So what has to change? or more importantly will it change?

TBH I dont think any of the top 3 teams can display much of a season to season improvement.Rest of the league is just getting stronger.What has to change? We need to rely less on certain players and defend better as a team, cruicially be more clinical in all aspects of our game.

:D but we haven't moved forward in the last 3 years, no cause for concern at all seriously ?@ TF/We aren't far off but then again we haven't been far off for the least few years, arguable the same faults are still there and in clear view of all to see.Unless Wenger decides to make the right decisions, we'll be saying 'we're not far off' for years.

What has to change? We need to rely less on certain players and defend better as a team, cruicially be more clinical in all aspects of our game.
But this holds for the majority of the last few seasons and yet its 2011 and we are still talking about it. So will things change? If they dont what will be your reaction?/Yes the gap is smaller but we aint getting closer to them(this is confusing but i mean in a sense that we aint really accumulating more points than previous). They just winning the league with less points because like you said other teams getting stronger.18 points behind to 9 points behind to minimum 6 points behind.

But this holds for the majority of the last few seasons and yet its 2011 and we are still talking about it. So will things change? If they dont what will be your reaction?/Yes the gap is smaller but we aint getting closer to them(this is confusing but i mean in a sense that we aint really accumulating more points than previous). They just winning the league with less points because like you said other teams getting stronger.18 points behind to 9 points behind to minimum 6 points behind.
I dont know if things will change, well they will change, how much I dunno, and how can I react to what I dont know. I dunno maybe I look at Arsenal differently to you lot, hard to explain.

We done well to be in all 4 competitions at the deep end of the season.We could have gone on to much better, we certianly could have gone on to do much worse than 3rd also.Good season.Give me the feeling of reaching distance in terms of cup hope then being distant for years, nothing to look forward to each season like 70% of the clubs worldwide.we're in a fortunate position, just our fans are too greedy.

I'd like us to be less strict to our current formationagainst certain teams in certain periods of games, but I think the problem with 4-4-2, is the flank players within our current formation are lazy, I dread to think what they would be like in a 4-4-2.

• 2 weeks later...
i've been as interested in our last 3/4 games about as much as the players have.absolutely pathetic.
Same here.To think we were playing better when we had a chance at all 4 trophies. It's been nothing short of disgraceful in recent weeks, performances have been shocking! Didn't watch todays game knew it would be more of the same, loads of possession and what to show for it?High points have to be beating Barcelona and Chelsea at home, what a contrast in terms of performances they were compared to now.