Season comparison

mp*

There is only so long you can ride the Arsene knows best train TF
When have I said Arsene knows best?But If your telling me I should turn on Arsene Wenger for working under financial constraint, while maintaining a top four team (something some clubs desire more than trophies and in some cases their actual club), and at times attaining brilliance then I say f*ck you./Not accept the budget and do what? Leave...
So taking what you said above, you think the board will let Wenger leave just so they dont have to give him money? Who they gonna bring in to do what Wenger has done? Hes chose to accept it and created a philosophy which he feels can be successful(winning throphies) under the conditions. It hasnt but hes not going to try and change because he has managed to allow us to continue to achieve the minimum. As this is the case he believes what he is doing will work out eventually. Some fans done believe that this is the case and thats why they have "turned on wenger" If you think thats wrong cool, i just cant accept some Arsenal fans that think Wenger has done no wrong or that he has done all he can to make sure we are the best. (Not even taking about you or others on this site, just from people i speak to and stuff i read online)

Here's an really leftfield idea, bare with me cos it might be a bit radical...Why don't we just bring back David Dein... You know the guy who was sacked because he brought Stan Kroenke into the club, yeah the same Stan Kroenke who is now the club's majority owner...The same David Dein that challenged Wenger and worked as his wing man, the same David Dein who challenged his fellow board members, the same David Dein that use to attend reserve and youth matches, the same David Dein who went looking for finance so the club could challenge on the field YEARS ago, and the same David Dein who has turned down other club jobs as he is a Arsenal man that hopes to return to Arsenal. Oh and the same David Dein who's son was/is agent for our previous/current captains Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas, who we lost/will lose to Barcelona (who are the so called best footballing side of our generation).Oh and how about these two multi-millionaire, in one case, billionaire shareholders, stop with the petty outbidding of each other for shares as neither of you are gonna own the club fully, and you just give the money to Wenger.Once these things are done, there is no room for doubt other than the performances on the pitch season for season. If you make sure everything is available to your manager then he can have very little complaints or excuses when he fails to deliver.Of course these things won't happen. As Danny Fizsman didn't want them to happen and the board don't want them to happen either.But Arsenal Football Club is not owned by Danny Fizsman, it never has been. I don't wish to speak bad of the dead, but why is his dying wishes anymore important to those of millions of living Arsenal fans who pay these peoples wages. If we and the board knew and expected Gallas, Toure, and Nasri all to play together while not liking each other, then why couldn't Hill-Wood, Dein and Fizsman do the same.

• Upvote 2

"Something some clubs desire more then trophies"Yes Tottenham, Aston Villa, Everton. We are not any of these teams we are a top seed in Europe its expected we get top 4.
Who made that the expectation? Arsene Wenger. Your beating him with the same stick, he graced you with.We have no right for top four, thats the f*ck*ng point... Look how much we have spent net in comparsion to Tottenham, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Man City, etc...
  • Downvote 1

There is only so long you can ride the Arsene knows best train TF
When have I said Arsene knows best?But If your telling me I should turn on Arsene Wenger for working under financial constraint, while maintaining a top four team (something some clubs desire more than trophies and in some cases their actual club), and at times attaining brilliance then I say f*ck you.
That's not what I'm saying but Arsene is partly to blame for the situation we are in although looking at the bigger reasons there are reasons to celebrate the situation we are in even though many of them are off field achievements and don't involve treatment.At the end of the day the board, the blames and Wenger all share the blame for us not winning trophys but there IS money there and we are not talking dropping 30 mil on one player but the odd 15 mil could have really changed our season.
  • Upvote 1

I already said a blameless manager is a trophy winning manager.Wenger ain't won a trophy... So of course he has blame. I care about Arsenal, not Wenger, IMO the club needs to re-address it issues and scarily the issues aren't that hard to solve.Re-establish a chain of command, and a plan, where the board, manager, and fans alike, know what it is.

Here's an really leftfield idea, bare with me cos it might be a bit radical...Why don't we just bring back David Dein... You know the guy who was sacked because he brought Stan Kroenke into the club, yeah the same Stan Kroenke who is now the club's majority owner...The same David Dein that challenged Wenger and worked as his wing man, the same David Dein who challenged his fellow board members, the same David Dein that use to attend reserve and youth matches, the same David Dein who went looking for finance so the club could challenge on the field YEARS ago, and the same David Dein who has turned down other club jobs as he is a Arsenal man that hopes to return to Arsenal. Oh and the same David Dein who's son was/is agent for our previous/current captains Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas, who we lost/will lose to Barcelona (who are the so called best footballing side of our generation).Oh and how about these two multi-millionaire, in one case, billionaire shareholders, stop with the petty outbidding of each other for shares as neither of you are gonna own the club fully, and you just give the money to Wenger.Once these things are done, there is no room for doubt other than the performances on the pitch season for season. If you make sure everything is available to your manager then he can have very little complaints or excuses when he fails to deliver.Of course these things won't happen. As Danny Fizsman didn't want them to happen and the board don't want them to happen either.But Arsenal Football Club is not owned by Danny Fizsman, it never has been. I don't wish to speak bad of the dead, but why is his dying wishes anymore important to those of millions of living Arsenal fans who pay these peoples wages. If we and the board knew and expected Gallas, Toure, and Nasri all to play together while not liking each other, then why couldn't Hill-Wood, Dein and Fizsman do the same.
In response to this...dont you think that if he [Dein] really wanted to come back that he would have done so by now? in other newsf*ck the board and WengerIts clear as day that they are all in on this whole corporate economical Arsenal B/S. They clearly do not give a toss about the fans its all about making sure key members will be well looked after for years to come.The same attitude has spilled over to the players as well. Its all pound signs. No passion, no desire, no determination nothing. Coz they all know at the end of the day no matter what they will go home laughing, or having a ball watching the F1 living the high lifeDont kid yourselves things will only get worse unless drastic change.....which I just cant see happening. Watch when we dont qualify for champions league the excuse is gonna be like what your problem its not like we are fighting relegation. You see how Wenger has slighly starting to drop them bars these past few weeks.Any glorified overachieving mid table team

"Something some clubs desire more then trophies"Yes Tottenham, Aston Villa, Everton. We are not any of these teams we are a top seed in Europe its expected we get top 4.
Who made that the expectation? Arsene Wenger. Your beating him with the same stick, he graced you with.We have no right for top four, thats the f*ck*ng point... Look how much we have spent net in comparsion to Tottenham, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Man City, etc...
But when things are going great this argument was never brought up. When we where genuinely challenging I never heard any talk of us over achieving.Now its all going down hill and your really going to try and say " Well its back to reality I guess, we've been lucky to be doing what we've been doing for the last 7 years "No mate it doesn't work like that.Every club choose's a path to achieve a goal. We've chosen a path to self sustain by using youngsters as the foundation of our system to compete. Other clubs around us have chosen different paths to attain that goal.Everyone has a philosophy and when your philosophy doesn't turn up the similar results as the ones that others have selected you can't build up excuses based on that.

When have things gone great? I'm not saying the expectation of finishing top 4, is not a fair one, we are Arsenal.Wenger has done a great job in his path, but everyone can see that our path now needs money spent, to balance out it's failures, just how others who have gone down other paths, have then wished to self sustain with a youth system.Wenger needs money and he needs financial muscle this summer, he needs to be able to say these are the players I really want and believe in, now lets go get them and the likes of Denilson, Almunia I don't fancy anymore, but we will sort them out once I've got the players I want in. It's always some one out, one in, sh*t with Arsenal. Some sit there and argue over XYZ clause, and XYZ add on, its all tentative. Do we really think Mancini, Ferguson, Dalglish, and whoever the next Chelsea boss have to worry about those leaving before they sign players...

When have things gone great? I'm not saying the expectation of finishing top 4, is not a fair one, we are Arsenal.Wenger has done a great job in his path, but everyone can see that our path now needs money spent, to balance out it's failures, just how others who have gone down other paths, have then wished to self sustain with a youth system.Wenger needs money and he needs financial muscle this summer, he needs to be able to say these are the players I really want and believe in, now lets go get them and the likes of Denilson, Almunia I don't fancy anymore, but we will sort them out once I've got the players I want in. It's always some one out, one in, sh*t with Arsenal. Some sit there and argue over XYZ clause, and XYZ add on, its all tentative. Do we really think Mancini, Ferguson, Dalglish, and whoever the next Chelsea boss have to worry about those leaving before they sign players...
Winning league titlesWinning CupsFinal of the Champions LeagueActually being genuine contendersFrom a perspective of being an Arsenal fan those we're good time, and in comparison to the last few seasons they where GREAT times.The thing that genuinely gets me is that you know and I know Wenger is bigger than the board, I can't believe once Wenger has gone to theBoard and seriously said" Get me this guy, I need him "Wenger has the power and imo he refuses to use it, i'm not sure if thats some respect he has to the board or his stubborness but its lies withWenger whatever the reason. Wenger continually keeps reitarating we can't go out and sign 50m players, I don't think anyone in their right mind associatedwith Arsenal expects that but 40m-50m can buy you 3 players who are the type of players we're crying out for. I admit its gamble opening our cheque book but Wenger's already gambled putting complete faith in this team and thats showing right now. The board maybe the one who can determine his fate, but its the same situation with Fergie at Manchester United. Do you think any person at United could realistically fire Fergie, and our board would dare never fire Wenger,You said it before TF we have assets which essentially means we have money, its the blatent refusal by our board to use those assets to strengthenthe team which is annoying me. The blame for that doesn't lie with Wenger but he really doesn't strike me as putting any pressure of the board tochange that. You telling me if Wenger put it on the board, they'd simple tell him"Its not happening so deal with it or pack your bags "Our board said that we've accounted for not being in the champions league and we'd manage financially. What made me laugh is surely the champions league money is in our finanical plan somewhere because if it wasn't and we where just counting that money as a bonus then it would of surely have been reinvestedinto the team. Well it doesn't seem like it isn't which makes me think it was and thus not making the champions league is bound to set our whole debt freeplan back years ?/Selling/getting rid of players is hardly a issue at Arsenal, FFS its the only thing we're consistently succesful at.sorry about the format, at work so had to slyly write it in notepad.

We can't blame Wenger for what the board chooses to do. He is a company man, who like I said gets on with his job and the cards he is dealt.Lets not forget Wenger questioned the wisdom of the board for the Ashley Cole saga ("are we going to lose him over 5k?!), along with various other things, but then followed the board's decision. Cos at the end of the day he wants to remain the Arsenal manager and like I said he calls himself a servant to the club. He isn't Mourinho, he isn't going to march into the boardroom and say give me 100m now, offer him x amount of money, or I'm off... It just ain't gonna happen.Wenger is bigger than the board to us, but not to the board. Like I said the board are operating on the dying wishes of one man (again I dont wish to speak bad of the dead) and their own wishes, over the wishes of MILLIONS of fans.I don't want Usmanov to own the club, but the way he is the only one speaking & highlighting sense and everyone is just letting it fly over their heads cos he's the horrible Russian that will make us like Chelsea, is a complete madness to me. Chelsea don't listen to their fans and their classless in their actions, right now you couldn't tell me that Arsenal listen to their fans either and PHW recent comments about the fans was equally classless, lol Roman is brazen with his actions but we never hear it from him, our chairman so dont give a f*ck he actually says it out loud while he's putting up our season tickets, so I'm struggling to see what the difference between the two clubs even is anymore...

• Upvote 1

Wenger has a job for life at Arsenal and thats been declared numerous times by more than one person.Even when Wenger steps down I still believe he'll play a massive part in the vision of the club going forward. This is why I say Arsene is more powerful than our board because hes not just our manager but probably the man who'll advise the club forward many years after hes stepped down.I agree though its not in Wengers nature to be making demands, but like I said I just think Wenger someone sits there and just goes with the flow. It would be a lie to say Wenger isn't frustrated over our financial inferiority in the trasnfer market but I don't even feel hes challenging the situation and I think thats what grieves supporters the most.Any servant of Arsenal is a servant to the fans because essentially thats what any football club is. (well this is how its meant to go but obviously......)Tbh the same issue was going on longgggggg while Fiszman was alive, but yes of course the board couild now state that for their primary reason for their mentality now.The Chelsea Arsenal comparision is actually f*cked tho :D

• Upvote 2

Wenger needs money and he needs financial muscle this summer,
Arshavin £18.5mWalcott £12.75mVermalen £10mScquilachi £6mVela £5mHleb £11mRosicky £7mReyes £15mDenilson £4mEduardo £7mKoscieleny £8mWellington £4m-------------------------------------------------------------------Do you really trust this guy with a big transfer purse when you look at some of the shower of shite he's bought for big money
  • Downvote 1

Wenger needs money and he needs financial muscle this summer,
Arshavin £15mWalcott £9.1mVermalen £10mScquilachi £4m rising to 6.5mVela £125k rising to 550k after 50 appearancesHleb £11.2m, left for 11.8mRosicky £6.8mReyes £13m, left for 8.1mDenilson £3.4mEduardo £7.5m, left for 6mKoscieleny £8m, rising to 10mWellington £2.5m-------------------------------------------------------------------Do you really trust this guy with a big transfer purse when you look at some of the shower of shite he's bought for big money
Thats 12 players for just over 90m, :D

Your figures are way off the mark btw.But of course you are in daily contact with Mr.Wenger and regularly attend Mr.Diens house partys so you should know better.Are you saying that, because Wenger can recoup the money he's spent, this justifies how poor the signing has been?Think you need to rethink a little before you start dropping the smart alec sh*t.

• Downvote 1