To know what P90X REALLY is about

Guest workonp90x

Guest workonp90x

So you''ve seen the commercials, heard about it from your friends or colleagues, but you want to know what P90X REALLY is about. Not just "Oh man...it''s EXTREME!" Pull up a chair and I''ll give you an in depth look at the workout program that WILL change your life. Let''s get right down to it and start with the workouts. Have you ever bought a workout video that was a half hour or forty-five minutes of a more talk than working out? Then the workout you do get is for beginners, or is better suited for your 12 year old? Yea, me too, but P90X is not it. First of all, they give you a full DVD on how to get the most of the workouts. The trainer, Tony Horton, gets serious, and gives you serious motivation to get the change in your body you are looking for. Then, they give you a whopping TWELVE DVDs. That''s twelve hour-long workouts! These guys are nuts! Not only are they twelve workouts, but also if you are not in shape like a professional athlete, you WILL NOT be able to finish the workouts. I''m serious, and so are the workouts. Their strength workouts are based on circuit type training. The strength workout DVDs are: chest and back; shoulders, triceps, bicep; back and legs; chest, shoulder, triceps; back and biceps and finally the "Ab Ripper X", as they like to call it. Each one starts with a warm up and stretch, and each one has a cool down period...so you are completely done in 1 hour. Now, I want to tell you about the chest and back a bit more. Basically, you rotate a chest exercise, then a back exercise. It starts out with pushups, then pull-ups. You will rotate regular grip, then wide grip then narrow grip and finally reverse grip (pull-ups). Tony then has you doing some decline and incline pushups, bent over rows, back flys and some crazy military push ups that the Navy SEALS have a hard time doing. There are of course a couple other exercises that I didn''t mention, but they are all variations of the above. So, with about 15 seconds rest in between each exercise, you finish the first round and you are SPENT! Then he says...."This is where most programs are finished....but not us! We''re not done!" And you look at the TV screen like.."Are you kidding me right now..I can''t even lift my arms over my head.....and you want me to get back on the pull up bar"??? Yea...that''s right...get back up there. But, don''t worry, about half way through the 90 days....you''re yelling back at the TV screen going.......bring it harder old man!!! (Oh yea..Tony is the most ripped 48 year old guy you have EVER seen....EVER!) So, that about covers one DVD. The rest are more of the same torture (at first, then you realize you are a friggin'' animal, and begin to love that stuff). But wait, I''m not done! There are cardio workouts! Plyometrics, Yoga, Cardio X, and Core Synergistics. All of which will have you scraping the floor with your tongue if you are not already a marathon runner. Oh yea....I know someone who IS a marathon runner, and he STILL had trouble with these babies when he first started! Yea, these workouts are serious, so you should be too if you want to tackle them and get in the best shape of your life! Did I mention they give you a calendar and a workbook to track your progress and a 40-page guide to all of the workouts in addition to the DVDs? Yea...they do. Let''s talk about the P90X nutrition plan now. So unless you are a professional athlete (actually....professional athletes can benefit from this nutrition guide too) you need this nutrition guide. It''s really like getting a masters degree in how our bodies work. After you read the P90X nutrition guide, you will want to sue someone every time you see the crap on TV and in the news about how to lose weight. Everyone is feeding us misinformation!! It''s crazy that the owners of these companies are not sent to jail!!! Because it''s a crime!! The P90X nutrition guide shows you IN DETAIL how EXACTLY to burn YOUR fat, and build YOUR muscle, not someone else''s fat and muscle. They take you step by step, calculate your energy requirements for rest, for exercise, for everything, then give you a solid number to hang your hat on, so you know every single day, that you are either losing fat, or not. In addition, they give you meal plans, down to the last calorie, carbohydrate and protein, so that you know EXACTLY what is going on in your body. No more guessing if you are losing weight because the scale might be wrong. The hell with the scale! You don''t need it! It''s throwing you off! Calculate your weight loss!! Then, in one month, look at it in your pictures....you will be astonished! In addition, P90X puts you on three different phases of your nutrition plan: a fat burning phase, a strength phase and an endurance phase. You can watch you body change each week in the mirror....it is totally crazy!!! They even give you an entire 90 days worth of meal recipes. If you don''t like those, they have a "Portion Plan", so you can chose your own foods and still follow the plan. Of course, the online website has tons more recipes from other people that went through P90X who have submitted so others can benefit. This is the most complete, real, and healthy way to get super-fit that you will find anywhere.....I can guarantee that!!!P90X Workouts with Free Nutrition Guide