Friday the 13th

Rsonist

Crazed knifeman decapitates 'British' woman in busy Tenerife shopping centre and runs through the streets with her head

By TOM WORDEN

Last updated at 3:39 PM on 13th May 2011

Attacker ran through streets carrying victim's bloodied head

Security guards tackled him to the ground

Tourists watched in horror today as a crazed knifeman hacked off a woman's head and ran with it through a popular Spanish resort.

The killer attacked the woman, in her 30s or 60s, with a machete without uttering a word in a busy shopping centre in Los Cristianos, in Tenerife, at around 10.25 am.

Witnesses said he then fled the store with the severed head in his hands and his victim's blood dripping to the ground.

The attacker had reportedly been following the woman, who may have either worked in the shop or been visiting, in the days before the horrific murder.

An eye-witness told local radio: 'I was parking my car outside the supermarket and I saw this man running out with something bloody in his hands.

'It was a head. He had it in his hands. The security guards chased him and threw him to the floor and overpowered him.'

The witness said the head rolled along the ground as the suspect was apprehended.

Another witness said: 'I saw him running down the street. We thought at first he was carrying a prosthetic head.'

Police said a homeless Bulgarian man, with a criminal record, had been arrested on suspicion of murder.

There were conflicting reports that the weapon may have been a machete, a sword or even a spade.

It is not yet known if the man had a connection to the victim. It is not known if her family have been informed.

His victim, who has not yet been identified, was working at a mini-market in the Valdes shopping centre in the heart of Los Cristianos.

According to one source, the woman was British, but others said that it could have been a Chinese immigrant.

Dominica Fernandez, Madrid's representative in the Canary Islands, said the killer had 'chosen his victim by chance'.

The horrific murder took place at around 10.25am in the popular shopping centre in the small district of Avenida Juan Carlos I.

A source at the National Police said: 'At the moment we are investigating whether he was carrying the knife when he entered the store, or whether he picked it up inside.'

The source said the suspect was 'very well known' to officers in the area.

Tenerife is the largest of the Canary Islands, an archipelago off the coast of north west Africa.

It is one of the UK's most popular holiday destinations with around 1.5 million of us visiting every year.

Brits mostly visit the resorts on the south of the island, like Los Cristianos, where the attack happened, and neighbouring Playa de las Americas

Guest FA23

The killer attacked the woman, in her 30s or 60s, with a machete without uttering a word in a busy shopping centre in Los Cristianos, in Tenerife, at around 10.25 am.

WUT?

Crazed knifeman decapitates 'British' woman in busy Tenerife shopping centre and runs through the streets with her head

By TOM WORDEN

Last updated at 3:39 PM on 13th May 2011

Attacker ran through streets carrying victim's bloodied head

Security guards tackled him to the ground

Tourists watched in horror today as a crazed knifeman hacked off a woman's head and ran with it through a popular Spanish resort.

Witnesses said he then fled the store with the severed head in his hands and his victim's blood dripping to the ground.

The attacker had reportedly been following the woman, who may have either worked in the shop or been visiting, in the days before the horrific murder.

An eye-witness told local radio: 'I was parking my car outside the supermarket and I saw this man running out with something bloody in his hands.

'It was a head. He had it in his hands. The security guards chased him and threw him to the floor and overpowered him.'

The witness said the head rolled along the ground as the suspect was apprehended.

Another witness said: 'I saw him running down the street. We thought at first he was carrying a prosthetic head.'

Police said a homeless Bulgarian man, with a criminal record, had been arrested on suspicion of murder.

There were conflicting reports that the weapon may have been a machete, a sword or even a spade.

It is not yet known if the man had a connection to the victim. It is not known if her family have been informed.

His victim, who has not yet been identified, was working at a mini-market in the Valdes shopping centre in the heart of Los Cristianos.

According to one source, the woman was British, but others said that it could have been a Chinese immigrant.

Dominica Fernandez, Madrid's representative in the Canary Islands, said the killer had 'chosen his victim by chance'.

The horrific murder took place at around 10.25am in the popular shopping centre in the small district of Avenida Juan Carlos I.

A source at the National Police said: 'At the moment we are investigating whether he was carrying the knife when he entered the store, or whether he picked it up inside.'

The source said the suspect was 'very well known' to officers in the area.

Tenerife is the largest of the Canary Islands, an archipelago off the coast of north west Africa.

It is one of the UK's most popular holiday destinations with around 1.5 million of us visiting every year.

Brits mostly visit the resorts on the south of the island, like Los Cristianos, where the attack happened, and neighbouring Playa de las Americas

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Late April fools?

wtf

Suprised there's no topic on this

A British woman has been beheaded in a shop in Spain's Canary Islands, officials say.

Spanish media said a homeless Bulgarian man had been arrested in the town of Los Cristianos.

Witnesses said a man entered a Chinese supermarket in a shopping centre and stabbed then beheaded the 62-year-old woman. He is said to have dropped the head outside before being tackled.

A local official said the man appeared to choose his victim at random.

Witnesses said the man entered the Chinese supermarket in Valdes Shopping Centre and attacked the woman without saying a word.

"Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason... entered the shop and then cut this woman's neck and took the head in his hand outside," said local councillor Manuel Reveron.

A security guard then managed to wrestle the man to the ground, he said.

"I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him," one witness was quoted as telling local radio.

"He threw it to the ground, it almost hit me and what he had been carrying was a woman's head."

In a video posted on YouTube, Colin Kirby of Tenerifemagazine.com said security guards held down the suspect until the police arrived.

"The security and the police had to hold people off - they were queuing up - they were trying basically to kick the hell out of the guy," he said.

Police sources told Spanish media the suspect had a police record.

Insert your bars/quotes/pics...

• Downvote 3

Guest 11 Bills

that aint even a mentally unstable guy

thats the f*ckin devil walkin around in a human body, how the f*ck u gonna decapitate with a machete then walk around with the head?

the guy must have psychosis schizophrenia, he probably experiences delusions of grandeur. He probably experienced hallucinations, and probably hallucinated some kind of devil in place of the woman. would be interesting to know what his criminal/psychological background is.

must be absolutely f*cked knowing someone you loved died like that

Guest 11 Bills

wouldnt someone have noticed changes or whatever before? or did they just not think the guy was dangerous n didnt inform anyone/medical professionals.

I dont know, its f*cked either way