Jesus is Coming Back On Saturday

Guest 11 Bills

Guest 11 Bills
Believers Sound The Alarm: Judgment Day Is May 21

Recent full-page ads in newspapers and signs on street corners have been carrying a dire warning: Judgment Day is here.

Followers of Christian radio broadcaster Harold Camping believe the Second Coming of Christ is this Saturday. They believe that's the day the dead will rise from their graves and a worldwide earthquake will bring five months of torment for the unsaved, until the universe finally ends on Oct. 21.

So what's so special about May 21?

Jerry Walls is an expert on beliefs about the end of the world, known as eschatology, and a visiting scholar at the Center for Philosophy of Religion at the University of Notre Dame. He tells NPR's Neal Conan that Camping's esoteric numerology is responsible for the specific date of May 21.

According to Walls, Camping's numerology goes back to the flood that led to Noah's ark, which Camping has dated at 4990 B.C.

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/18/136432488/believers-sound-the-alarm-judgment-day-is-may-21

radio interview on there.

how will you celebrate? im thinkin BBQ in a park tbh

• Downvote 3

Guest Klitschko

It's my b'day on Saturday.

That's f*cked up.

:lol:

I always think it's real risky to actually name when you claim the return of the messiah will be / when the world will end. Because as soon as it doesn't happen, you're credibility is dashed.

Just go with the whole 'during a time of great upheaval and war' thing. Can't go wrong there.

If it truely is the 2nd coming and all that jazz ..spose I could go pounshop get a throwaway bbq get some sausages and buns a bottle of gin and tonic mixer even though I've stopped drinking....get a blow camper bed drag my boyfriend down to central town have a munch and get butt naked and play twister or something.....that or watch britains got talent faaark knows